MS Excel 2016 VBA Code Missing ...

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hi … I work w/ a set of MS Excel .xlsm files stored in a single desktop folder. To one degree or another, almost all of them feature some (fortunately backed up) file-specific VBA code. Earlier this week the VBA code started to disappear, sometimes from one file, and at other times from two at a time; it seems a bit random. In some cases the VBA code is simply missing, and in others the .xlsm file is damaged.

I’m wondering if KIS KIS.21.10.391(b) (on Windows 10 Pro x64) is deleting the VBA code? Can someone suggest KIS settings I should consider making changes to?

Thx!

Yes ... Now that you’ve mentioned it. :)  I noticed that almost all of the files I was using (among others) are in the File Anti-Virus list, and marked as  “Not Processed” / Reason : Size. 

I ran a full scan yesterday, and my first thought was that the files were skipped then, but I now see they were skipped during a night-time backup process. 

Also, for whatever reason, my Application Manager was turned off … Good Grief!   I probably forgot to turn it back on after disabling it a week-or-so ago. 

Anyway, I’m starting to suspect a set of add-ins I recently activated in MS Excel may be responsible; although I’m not sure. Is there a way to submit them to Kaspersky for review?