MS Access can't open file on NAS, when File AV is enabled. [Closed]

AlbertS
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hi, I need some help. Microsoft access can’t open file .acdb on network / NAS
I’m using Kaspersky Internet Security and if I disable just file anti-virus I can open it, same with copying file to local no problem whatsoever. Problem only arise with ms access file, word excel and other have no problem.

Hello @AlbertS,

Welcome!

• There is a known issue with MS Access/Nas, apparently, patch(e) due between now & the end of October 2019 is the fix.
  • When the patch arrives make sure a full shutdown/reboot (not restart) of the computer is done to apply the patch.

However, is it only files with  .acdb extensions? If “yes”, you may wish to ask Kaspersky Technical Support

The Support Team will need GSI & Windows Logs and may ask for traces, captured as the issue is replicated. They will guide you with the steps to collect the data. 

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Hello  @PJO 

Welcome!

• There is a known issue with MS Access/Nas, apparently, patch(e) due between now & the end of October 2019 is the fix.
  • When the patch arrives make sure a full shutdown/reboot (not restart) of the computer is done to apply the patch.

However, is it only files with  *.mpp extensions? If “yes”, you may wish to ask Kaspersky Technical Support

The Support Team will need GSI & Windows Logs  and may ask for traces, captured as the issue is replicated. They will guide you with the steps to collect the data. 

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you