Microsoft Edge Inclusion?

ericber

Hello:

My question should be quite easy to answer. When on the Tools\Clean and optimize\Browser Configuration entry point, the information below Browser Configuration, states the following:

"Helps securely configure Internet Explorer" (without the quotes)

When selecting the option, the title banner states:

"Welcome to the Browser Configuration Wizard " (without the quotes) the only available option to select is, "Perform diagnostics for Microsoft Internet Explorer" (without the quotes)

My question is:

My Windows 10 Pro is not running Microsoft Internet Explorer, but rather, Microsoft Edge and there is a technical difference. The following is not taken from the Microsoft KB, but rather, the website laptopmag.com, article "Edge vs. Internet Explorer: What's New. The path to the accurate article is located at the following URL, shortened by TinyURL.com:

https://tinyurl.com/y3guttwd

At first, I was going to Paste the full article into this inquiry, however, due to the article length, I decided against the idea. Instead, the following is a much shorter addressing the subject of my inquiry:

"That doesn't mean IE is going away, as it's still around mostly to support specific legacy apps that make use of it. But the two browsers are very different.

That said, Microsoft didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Both Edge and IE have tabs, private browsing and search powered by Bing. They both offer similar performance and speed, on such tests as Peacekeeper and SunSpider. Settings, such as privacy and downloads management, are the same in both browsers. But Edge sports a sleeker, more modern aesthetic and has Cortana embedded for easier searching, among some other fancy new features."

Question:  Does anyone know the timeframe when Kaspersky will update the Total Security software to include, and fully support, Microsoft's Edge?

Thank you so much and I look forward to your reply.

Eric B.

Hello @ericber

Welcome!

• Regarding Edge Chromium, the issue was logged with Kaspersky Technical experts in April 2020; unfortunately, there’s been no progress and they’ve not provided an eta. 
  • We made a status inquiry in November, 2020; we were told there had been no progress. 
  • Regarding Microsoft Internet Explorer, full support has changed, please refer to KTS, hardware & software requirements.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, and thank you very much for the swift. Now I know the issue is known and in process. Since I am a former Microsoft “Golden Age of Computers” time period employee, I understand all too well how a response may, at times, take forever.

Regards,

Eric