MEM:Trojan.Win32.Sepeh.gen, detected, cleaned, but why?

Mitch
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Here is the deal, my computer started to act a bit slow while playing video games around a week ago and I don’t often click on any weird links or any ads or anything but still I got paranoid. I have ESET protection fully enabled and also MalwareBytes scanner as second option. I scanned with MalwareBytes and ESET both and nothing came up, I downloaded Kaspersky in case and ran a full scan and a background scan and again nothing came up. About maybe an hour later all of a sudden I get a message saying I have MEM:Trojan.Win32.SEPEH.gen and it automatically cleaned it for me but I don’t even know why I got the message an hour later when I was just playing video games with friends and ran a full scan earlier. Why didn’t the full scan pick up the virus? Is this just some sort of false positive?

I got lucky and ran FRST maybe an hour and half before getting the virus notification, I have posted a thread to bleeping computer with my FRST.txt and other relevant files in the post.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/739501/memtrojanwin32sepehgen/#entry5105110

Can you please tell me what is going on? I used the computer in the meantime to do some purchases and wish to know if I should be prepared for any issues in that regard. Thank you.

Yes I am running a trial version and I ran a full scan an hour before the detection and found nothing, I also ran a FRST scan before the full scan and can post it here if you want. I ran a malwarebytes scan after frst and also found nothing, I was wondering if this was some sort of false positive because I didn’t do anything in the meantime except open a video game called warzone.

Hello @Mitch,

do you run another AV product with real-time protection besides Kaspersky?
Or any cracked software?

The 'Trojan' was found in the system memory. Where it came from, Kaspersky cannot determine. My two questions might contribute something to the solution.

1.) I use ESET, MalwareBytes. I thought I turned off real time protection for both of them but sometimes for no reason when I restart the computer as what happened before this they automatically re-activate themselves.

2.) No, I do not use any cracked software.

3.) I also ran a full FRST scan (attached files), as well as a full Kaspersky scan only 1-2 hours before the detection and they found nothing. In the meanwhile I simply was playing some video games with a friend and didn’t go to any suspicious websites or download anything.

In addition randomly whenever I started up my computer some time when I opened Chrome would always want access to Webcam for some reason, sometimes the webcam would request access immediately as I opened, sometimes I wouldn’t.