MANGO VIRUS @santasupp (Telegram)

HELLO, I HAVE BEEN INFECTED BY THE MANGO VIRUS, AFTER CONTACTING THE HACKER AND NEGOTIATING THE PAYMENT. I PROCEED TO PAY 900 EUROS IN BITCOIN TO: @santasupp (Telegram)

DO NOT PAY, AFTER MAKING THE AGREED PAYMENT, THEY ASK US FOR MORE MONEY.

THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR WORD. THEY NEVER GIVE YOU THE KEY

@miguel1983,

Welcome to the Kaspersky Forums. I am sorry to hear that it is under such bad circumstances. Thank you for sharing your warning; it might help others.

This information might also help: 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/page-2#entry5581340

There are also preceding posts in that topic about ransomware.

A robust backup and imaging strategy is the best defence against data loss from ransomware.

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1

@miguel1983 Welcome.

Unfortunately in a lot of cases  files can't be decrypted without the private key that is only known by the attacker and paying the ransom does not guarantee the encrypted files will be unlocked.

Also , please see → Nomoreransom Crypto Sheriff ?

" To help us define the type of ransomware affecting your device, please fill in the form below. This will enable us to check whether there is a solution available. If there is, we will provide you with the link to download the decryption solution.  "

20 hours ago, miguel1983 said:

MANGO VIRUS @santasupp (Telegram)

I HAVE BEEN INFECTED BY THE MANGO VIRUS, AFTER CONTACTING THE HACKER AND NEGOTIATING THE PAYMENT. I PROCEED TO PAY 900 EUROS IN BITCOIN TO: @santasupp (Telegram)

DO NOT PAY, AFTER MAKING THE AGREED PAYMENT, THEY ASK US FOR MORE MONEY.

THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR WORD. THEY NEVER GIVE YOU THE KEY

Hello @miguel1983

Welcome!

Also, is both Kaspersky & Eset software installed on the infected device? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋