malwarebytes free incompatible with KIS?

There has already been talked a number of times about this topic and the conclusion was : if you don’t use realtime protection it’s compatible.

But I’ve contacted kaspersky support and I’ve told them clearly I’ve disabled all realtime protection items of Malwarebytes. And it’s Malwarebytes free so there is no realtime protection after 14 days.

I also disable automatic startup of Malwarebytes service at booting.

Kaspersky support pretends Malwarebytes is still incompatible with KIS and must be removed.

I don’t understand how an application w/o background process (which is my case I suppose) can be incompatible w KIS.

Only when you want to do a scan there is a background process/service started up.Therefore I reboot my PC after the scan to stop the service.

Can I still use Malwarebytes free in combination w KIS despite the popup message of incompatible software I get?

• 3 weeks later...

I use the premium version of Malwarebytes,it was offered free by my bank as additional security,been using it for about 2 years. I’ve suddenly started getting the pop up from Kaspersky telling me that is incompatible & could cause security  & other issues if i do not remove it.

What is going on with this incompatibility thing & Kaspersky.

I use the premium version of Malwarebytes, it was offered free by my bank as additional security, been using it for about 2 years. I’ve suddenly started getting the pop up from Kaspersky telling me that is incompatible & could cause security  & other issues if i do not remove it. What is going on with this incompatibility thing & Kaspersky.

Hello @CL4

There’s information in topic Why is KTS 21 suddenly seeing MBAM as incompatible software (3x - 4x) - no reinstall of KTS?, raised by @BCKasman

Kaspersky have clearly “adjusted” something, for those who are impacted, the resolution process is not clean… 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello,

if you disable the real-time protection of malwarebytes, I think that is OK. Also you can use any scan tool instead of malwarebytes, such as microsoft autoruns or avz tool to check system auto boot object or other object/place related to easy to be make use of malware.

Always remember that real-time protection has only one AV enabled, and it is best not to install multiple AV products that enable real-time protection on one computer.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back when I had an issue with my computer which Kaspesky Tech could not resolve, they advised me to download and install the free version of Malwarebytes. I did so, and it resolved the issue. 

When I queried why that software worked, I was told, it is because they are a smaller and their product is not targeted in the same way as ours, which makes sense. They also suggested I keep it and run it every few months, which I did for about four years. Between the tow I had not further issues.

This week I had a computer problem, C: drive full, which was a bit odd. Did the checks for viruses, all fine. Removed used or little used software, move my document to E: drive, in all saving 100 Gb, C: drive back in the blue.

Reboot, back in the red, remove more items, back in the blue, and consider a new larger drive.

Today back in the red, no room on C:. I download Malwarebytes, run it, and it found 1 problem, which I quarantined. Reboot, and I now have 300 Gb back on C: drive.

We know it is unrealistic for ant security software to prevent everything, and Kaspersky has done a good job for me for about 8 years. But those it does miss, are likely to be ones causing major issues, and Malwarebytes sorted it in minutes. I do not blame Kaspersky for missing it, but what I do complain about is, their apparent disapproval of Malwarebytes now, when they once advised it. 

The upshot is that, if Malwarebytes in no longer compatible, then I may have to rethink using Kaspersky. Our fight is with those causing viruses, and antivirus software developers should work together to defeat them, … moan over….