Malicious object detected

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

Hello,

I have a problem, i added my Outlook.be email to Outlook on my PC and i am getting continues notification from Kaspersky.

Event: Download denied
User: DESKTOP-CSDUNKH\Gebruiker
User type: Initiator
Application name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Component: Safe Browsing
Result description: Blocked
Type: Trojan
Name: HEUR:Trojan.PDF.Badur.genw
Precision: Exactly
Threat level: High
Object type: File
Object name: ?MailboxId=*****@*****.tld
Object path: https:// outlook . office365 . com/mapi/emsmdb
MD5 of an object: 05EC414DDDA99E5E243BA2AAA7C39540
Reason: Expert analysis
Databases release date: Today, 15/09/2024 14:53:00

Is this a false positive or is there something wrong here?

Thanks and if you need more info,

Sven

Schermafbeelding 2024-09-15 184312.jpg

Hey Harlan4096,

I'm not sure what you mean...In my Outlook.be i have no mails and was transfering all my mails from telenet.be to outlook.be with Outlook program on my PC (i had a "problem" with my provider and wanted to transfer al my mails to Outlook.be). When i was transfering my maps with emails to Outlook.be Kaspersky began to show problems.

I put the maps with mails back to my normal provider and removed the Outlook.be in Outlook and did a full scan and everything is ok....

When i was moving back my mails to telenet.be provider Kaspersky didn't show a problem...

Also i can say that i have some pdf's in the mails i wanted to transfer but i can't imagine that there are so many infected...

Sven

Harlan4096,

Thanks for your help!

I searched in Outlook for al the mails with a pdf in it and wanted to open them one by one and after a few minutes Kaspersky desinfected a mail with a pdf and sets it in quarantine...

My question is how is it that when transfering my mails to Outlook.be Kaspersky was warning me for malicious object and when i dit the revers and transfered them back Kaspersky didn't warn me?

Also when doing a full scan everything was ok.

Last question, why was the initial warning a Safe browsing problem? It was the outlook program on my windows so i didn't download anything from the web.

All in all thanks for the help! 

Sven

Harlan4096,

I just have one last question, why didn't Kaspersky deleted the malicious file when transfering the mails to Outlook.be and why is it that Kaspersky blocked a download with that pdf...

Thanks for your answers,

Sven

• Solution

Probably because those emails with attachment are not physically in Your system, but in the cloud of Outlook service.

Also, Kaspersky sometimes can't erase/disinfect those infected attachments without remove the full msg, that's why it warns but by security does not remove.

• Like 2