[Mac] Detected objects, the full pathname is abbreviated. What to ignore or what to delete? [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I am new in the Kaspersky community so I am not used to the "common slang" yet. In the security report (KIS 20.0.0.829b) appears a message that a number of objects require attention. When I look in the details the "objects"are all in my backup disk, but I the full pathname is abbreviated because the length of the name doesn't fit in the window. How can I decide what to ignore or what to delete?

• Solution

Hello @almari anje69,

Welcome!

The following Kaspersky article explains:

Not-a-Virus: What is it?

If the objects KIS has detected were installed or downloaded with your knowledge, it’s your decision, how you manage the detections, if the objects are unknown to you, you may wish to contact Kaspersky Technical Support for analysis & assistance. 

They will need a System Report and the system.log file in macOS, & the detected files, zipped and password protected & they may request traces.

Also, in the KIS Report window, at the top right hand corner, there’s a little “export” icon, it will help the Support team if you include the exported detection report as well.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳