License Active, yet Kaspersky tray icon showing red exclamatory mark.

Hi, The Kaspersky icon in system tray that’s close to the system date is RED with exclamation and if i click on it, it opens KIS and says license issue 1 issue, below that if i click on details it takes me to Notification center it shows license expires soon, In 6 days the application functionality will be limited. ??? hope you can guide me to get rid of it. thanks.

Hello @Amberdarkshade

Thank you for replying & the information👌

We’ll certainly do our best to help☺

Ordinarily, the Kaspersky icon will not show red for a license approaching expiry, so, something sounds as if it’s gone amiss🤔

1. If the mouse is hovered over the red shield, or rightclick  the red shield, what is the patch(x)? x = letter please?
  2. In the MyKaspersky account, Licenses Tab, how many days are showing before the actual License expiry date

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi, please check the screen shot, I’m guessing you are mentioning the letter after the version number that’s in braces its (i) and FYI the same screen shot also has the license page. I also purchased and added the Kaspersky Total security activation yesterday. So i still have the KIS activation for 6 more days before it expires yet it shows Red with exclamation.

Hello @Amberdarkshade

Thank you so much👍 

It’s unusual that the KiS icon is red, especially as 1) the original license is yet to expire & 2) you’ve added a new KTS Activation code/License🤔

1.  If the KTS activation code was added in the KIS application Licensing window (as a Reserve)
  2. & the new KTS License is showing in the MyKaspersky account Licenses Tab
  • If the original License had expired, I would expect to see red, on the front of the application & the icon.
  • (imo) the “License problem found” is overkill, it’s probably not an error, from Kaspersky’s perspective, however, it’s certainly a premature notification.
  •  (imo), you may wish to ask the Kaspersky Technical Team why the KIS icon is reflecting red❗, or, wait 6 days, for the original license to expire, as this may resolve of it’s own accord, on that date…

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

About activation codes for Kaspersky products

How to switch to another Kaspersky application using the activation code

How to view the activation code in My Kaspersky

Hi, As I understand as per your guidance its only about some kind of activation glitch and not that the KIS is not functioning, So should I consider that although its showing Red it will function normally and update itself when required, if i let it be and not bother about it?

Hello @Amberdarkshade

• Open KIS application, the main window, it should appear as in this image1:
  • In Windows Task Manager, are the 2 avp* processes, as in this image2
  • Select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select All Events, select 7 days, select Export, save the Report as a .txt file, attach📎 to your reply please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 4 weeks later...