[ Laptop touchpad ] Kaspersky virtual keyboard, the cursor cannot be seen when I move on to it.

when I try to use Kaspersky virtual keyboard the cursor cannot be seen when I move on to it. uninstalled Kaspersky rebooted and downloaded again from my Kaspersky but just the same.

Have run full scan to no avail

This is on a new HP Laptop running Windows 10

Hello,

If you use the laptop`s touchpad, this behavior is by design.

Our VK does not work with touchpads. We have the Requirement 1793236: [BRQ][SUPPORT] Add support of VK + touchpad scenario

If you use a mouse, please clarify the vendor and model of this mouse.

And submit the request to technical support via my.kaspersky.com in order to find out the root of the problem.

Thank you.

Hello Mikhail, many thanks for your quick reply, what I don’t understand though is the fact that it worked with my 2015 HP ENVY Laptop with touch pad but not with the new one HP Envy 17-cglxxx.

Again many thanks

Mick

What I don’t understand though is the fact that it worked with my 2015 HP ENVY Laptop with touch pad but not with the new one HP Envy 17-cglxxx. Again many thanks. Mick

Hello @oldfool

Additional to @Mikhail Shakhov’s information, we have older devices where the touchpads & Kaspersky’s virtual keyboard work, but, not our newer devices. 

We formally logged the issue with Kaspersky, April 2020. 

Kaspersky appear to be managing the issue as a “suggestion” rather than a problem🤔  

The last communication we had from Kaspersky:

The compatibility with touchpads is reviewed in frames of 1793236. There is no ETA for when this compatibility will be achieved.
unquote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

This is a normal phenomenon. The input of the touchpad of the notebook computer is dependent on its driver. The Kaspersky Secure Keyboard relies on the driver of Kaspersky, but the driver of Kaspersky needs to hijack the input, which leads to your touchpad. The driver does not work.

This is a normal phenomenon. The Kaspersky Secure Keyboard relies on the driver of Kaspersky, but the driver of Kaspersky needs to hijack the input, which leads to your touchpad. The driver does not work.

Hello @huang1111
Welcome!

That does not explain why the software works perfectly in older devices & not newer devices. 

(ioo), not “normal” at all & not according to Kaspersky experts, who have the issue in hand. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

This is a normal phenomenon. The Kaspersky Secure Keyboard relies on the driver of Kaspersky, but the driver of Kaspersky needs to hijack the input, which leads to your touchpad. The driver does not work.

Hello @huang1111
Welcome!

That does not explain why the software works perfectly in older devices & not newer devices. 

(ioo), not “normal” at all & not according to Kaspersky experts, who have the issue in hand. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, their drivers are different. The working principle of the VK component is achieved by hijacking the input stream. Kaspersky’s expert team can add it to the system whitelist for a known driver and confirm that there is no problem.

This also explains why it can work perfectly in the old equipment, but it cannot work perfectly in the new equipment.😀

Kaspersky’s expert team can add it to the system whitelist for a known driver and confirm that there is no problem.

Hello @huang1111

Thank you for your comment. 

We’re aware of the “cause” & the “possible” resolution; it does not explain why there’s been no progress in the last fourteen months. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky’s expert team can add it to the system whitelist for a known driver and confirm that there is no problem.

Hello @huang1111

Thank you for your comment. 

We’re aware of the “cause” & the “possible” resolution; it does not explain why there’s been no progress in the last fourteen months. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Relax, this is nothing more than normal.

Because it is not a serious problem, they may choose not to repair it and just create an ID. The number of my feedback has reached at least 1000+. If they set the priority of the problem at 2, it will be fixed in the next MR version. If the priority is located at 3, 4, then there is a high probability that it will not be repaired.

I do find it rather worrying, having used VK for many years now, if it doesn’t seem to matter then why was it there in the first place?

Mick

Hello,

Could you sent a ticket to KL support via my.kaspersky.com ? You can handle and follow your issue and ask the problem handling progress via this platform.

Regards.