KTS seems to have frustrated all attempts to download Imgburn.

NotJohn

I have a problem writing to an external CD in Windows 10.  I described it on the Microsoft Community site and a Moderator recommended using ImgBurn.  KTS seems to have frustrated all attempts to download this program.  I am aware it has powers to do things that may be illegal and others that may damage CDs but is it too dangerous to download?  If not what do I need to do to get it to use and not have it deleted during a scan?

Hello @NotJohn,

Welcome!

I’ve just downloaded & installed Portable_ImgBurn_2.5.8.0 without any issue. 

Open KTS, select MORE TOOLS, select Reports, selected Detailed Reports, select ALL Events, select 24hrs, select Export, export the report, save as a  text (.txt)  file & 📎attach📎 to your reply so I can have a look at what KTS thinks is a problem please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you, Flood for your interest.  I have  done as you requested.  At 15.20 I downloaded the initial software from the imgburn website and at 15.23 I attempted to run the initial downloaded software - SetupImageburn_2.5.8.0.exe.

I have successfully downloaded and run the portable version of ImgBurn without interference from KTP apart from being told that  7z FXS  has been added to the Trusted group.  I have seen complaints about crap-ware being delivered with the to-be-installed version so I assume that this is the cuse of the problem.

• 1 month later...

If I could join this conversation, I’m having the same problems. What’s really annoying is that I scanned the program (with KIS) before executing it, and also asked Kaspersky for its opinion. Neither came up with errors.

I don’t know why ImgBurn has Fusion.dll - I already have 8 copies of it on my PC!

Here’s the log for the attempts (I tried twice):

16.03.2020 10.52.56    Adware removed    D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe    Object: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe    Object name: not-a-virus:UDS:AdWare.Win32.Agent.xxdvoa    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
16.03.2020 10.52.43    Ignored legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data    D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object name: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Funshion.ao    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
16.03.2020 10.52.43    Detected legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data    D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object name: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Funshion.ao    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
16.03.2020 10.52.42    Application added to the High Restricted group    ImgBurn Installer    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Reason: scan results    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe    Time: 16/03/2020 10:52
16.03.2020 10.30.18    Adware removed    D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe    Object: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe    Object name: not-a-virus:UDS:AdWare.Win32.Agent.xxdvoa    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
16.03.2020 10.30.03    Ignored legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data    D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object name: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Funshion.ao    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
16.03.2020 10.30.03    Detected legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data    D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe//$PLUGINSDIR\Fusion.dll    Object name: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.Funshion.ao    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
16.03.2020 10.30.01    Application added to the High Restricted group    ImgBurn Installer    Application: ImgBurn Installer    Reason: scan results    Application path: D:\PC Software\Imgburn\SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe    Time: 16/03/2020 10:30
16.03.2020 10.23.42    Quick Scan    No threats detected    Detected: 0    Neutralized: 0    Not disinfected: 0    Release date of databases used for scan: 16/03/2020 05:09    Total duration: 49 seconds    Completion time: 16/03/2020 10:24
16.03.2020 10.21.35    Update of databases and application modules    Completed.    Average download speed:: 207.08 KB/s    Status:: Completed.    Downloaded and updated:: 806.95 KB    Total duration: 52 seconds    Time: 16/03/2020 10:21
16.03.2020 10.12.14    Search for application updates    Search completed, no available updates    Important updates available: 0    Recommended updates available: 0    Started: Automatically    Status: Completed    Time: 16/03/2020 10:12

Hello @FLOOD . Thanks - Not yet. I wanted to use ImgBurn’s capability of interrogating a misbehaving DVD drive to see what it thought it was capable of. In the end I used another product.

So I probably won’t bother at this point.

But a product which sparks off so many anti-virus alerts (even if unjustified) isn’t going to do very well.

Hello @ptoye, Peter,

You’re very welcome!

• The  Portable_ImgBurn solution doesn’t have the same problems as the version that’s got 34 detections.
  • The only problem @NotJohn & I found with Portable_ImgBurn was, it included 7z FXS, but, that’s easily resolved, uninstall 7z FXS after the successful install of Portable_ImgBurn. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳