KTS: Problem using 3CX [Solved] [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by ian_g3nrw,

KTS 2019:

When I try to login to 3CX, I see that the client sends the request to 3CX, but 3CX does not respond. So not possible to connect.

Somewhere in the past I read that I had to disable “web-control” _and_” web-anti-virus” to make connection with 3CX.

Questions:

1. Is this still true?
  2. If so, how do I do this?

Thank you.

Hello @ian_g3nrw

Welcome!

1. Is 3CX an installed application or accessed via a web portal? 
  2. In KTS Reports, are there any 3CX events?  - see video 1 to guide access to KTS Reports. 
  3. KTS is up to version 20, please update and recheck the issue? 
  4. If 3CX is being accessed via a web browser, for Web Anti-Virus exclusions, see video 2.
  5. If 3CX is accessed via installed application, for File Anti-Virus exclusions, see video 3.

Link

Link

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 

Thank you for your helpful response.

Current Environment: Windows-10 Home v 1909 desktop PC (64-bit), fully updated.

Interim answers your questions:

#1. Is 3CX an installed application or accessed via a web portal? 
      Via web portal. Running Firefox v75.0

#2. In KTS Reports, are there any 3CX events? :
      (To be supplied)

#3. KTS is up to version 20? :
       KTS is at version 20.0.14.1085(j)

#4. If 3CX is being accessed via a web browser, for Web Anti-Virus exclusions,
      Added https://www.3cx.net exclusion.

#5. If 3CX is accessed via installed application, for File Anti-Virus exclusions
      (Not applicable).

I will send you the answer(s) to #2 when I can discover how to create KTS Reports!

FYI In addition:

I have successfully connected to 3CX when using Firefox on:

#1. A Windows-10 laptop on which Kaspersky has never been installed.

#2. A Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS laptop on which Kaspersky has never been installed.

Ian

Hello @ian_g3nrw,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for replying and the information👌

We’re confident you’ll manage the Report, to step you thru it: open KTS, select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select All Events, select 24hrs, select Export, save the Report as a .txt file, attach📎 to your reply please?

Has adding the WAV exclusion made any difference to the “3CX does not respond” issue?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

Hello @FLOOD 

The world has changed since yesterday!

Brief Background Information:

The original reason I wanted to make Kaspersky work as a web client for 3CX was to help my daughter. She is a member of an Autism discussion group and needed my help to set things up for her.

As this still did not work for her today, I set up a small sacrificial Windows laptop that had never had Kaspersky installed, so she could join in the discussion. That did the job.

However…. during the discussion with her group, it transpired that other members had been having problems connecting to 3CX as well. So they made the joint decision there and then to abandon 3CX altogether! .

So next week they are switching over to Zoom -- at least I understand how that works, thank goodness!

Bottom Line:

I now need to close this thread, since I don’t want to waste more of anybody’s time!

But in the process I have learnt a heck of lot about the inner workings of KTS from you. I really appreciate your help and patience throughout.

Kind regards

Ian

(not enjoying lockdown, but at 78 I have to stay isolated here for several months yet)