KTS Blocking keyboard input

A few times in the last few weeks, my laptop keyboard has stopped working in all applications. I decided to try a few things and once I turned off KTS 21.3.10.391(b), the keyboard immediately started working again. Is there a fix for this?

I am having a similar problem on a windows 10 machine --- the using the mouse or pointer in selecting the button for finding a song to upload to the site Bandcamp.com in my artist account .. does not work and if it does work it is after a lot of trouble clicking over and over again --- thinking it was a money thing with the kaspersky money entry thing --- I turned off kaspersky and I have no one problem since I upload music to band camp 3 or more times or albums per week --- this turning off and turning on to do this is not really the best… but that is what I do… --- this is ongoing… seemingly similar maybe to the above problem --- IDK.  It might be solvable with the some solution ---

thanks for looking into this-

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm this, this has happened to me a few times. I had no clue what actually was causing it and the only way to fix it was to restart the pc.

Then I found this thread and simply turning off Kaspersky made the keyboard work again.

Might be a conflict with the drivers?

My keyboard is Corsair K95 and using their iCUE software.  It was the 3.x.xxx something something version back then.

Recently, they realeased a completely new one, 4.x.x.x and if I remember correctly,  no issue since then.

But it has been just a few weeks so difficult to judge.

SaLaDin,

Yes...tech support gave me a whole procedure to try and fix this that would be very difficult and probably not work. When my keyboard goes out, I turn Kaspersky off and turn it right back on. My hope is that a future update fixes this. This happens about once a week at random times.

I just tried the second option tech support gave me...it was not hard...will see if this works over next few weeks.

#2:
1. Open Windows Registry Editor (Win + R > type Regedit > press Enter) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class

2. Right-click the Class folder and click Find...

3. Type in klkbdflt and hit Enter. (copy and paste)

4. Windows Registry Editor will take you to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} wherein you will be needing to check what's inside the UpperFilters record.

5. If there are two values like klkbdflt and kbdclass, you will have to remove klkbdflt and leave only kbdclass and also ensure that there are no spaces left.

6. Afterwards, to apply changes click OK and proceed to system restart.

7. Keyboard should get back to normal.