KPM and Security Cloud, two finger scrolling mouse scrolling speed Too Fast

new11

Hello all, 

I hope you are all surviving, and for those of you who are in isolation, that you are keeping sane. haha 

I have a little bit of an issue/pet peeve with, Kasperskys’ scrolling speed.

Within both KPM and Security Cloud, two finger scrolling is ridiculously fast. Using the laptops touchpad with one tiny little scroll gesture will skip right down to the end of the open page.

Manually using the scroll bars works fine operating at a much more comfortable speed. However having to manually use the scroll bar is both time consuming and frustrating/un-userfrendly. 

Within all other windows programs/services, this is not an issue only within Kaspersky products it seems. Changing the “Mouse  Settings/Properties” within both “Win10 Settings & Control Panel” has had no effect on changing the scroll speed for Kaspersky. 
Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance!   

Hello @new11,

Welcome!

• Which “Mouse  settings/properties” have been configured, please show us images? 
  • Does the same ‘KPM and Security Cloud, two finger scrolling via the laptop touchpad, is ridiculously fast” issue happen if the direction of two finger scrolling is changed in the touchpad settings? 
  1. May we have videos of bothKPM and Security Cloud, two finger scrolling via the laptop touchpad, is ridiculously fast” please? 
  2. Run a GSI & Windows Logs & attach please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD

Thanks for your fast response! Please find attached requested information. For obvious reasons I haven’t included a video of the KPM window scroll speed. Yes the issue also happens when the mouse direction is reversed. I’ve PM’d you the GSI log Zip file. 

Thanks 
new11

Hello @new11,

You’re most welcome🙂 !

Thank you for the update & data👌

• Sending GSI via PM is not ok, unless it’s specifically requested by a Kaspersky Technical Support expert or Moderator, however, what’s done is done: any findings will be here in the topic, not via PM. 
  • With Manage applications, do you use the search field ?  
  • Mouse settings & Touchpad settings are separate applications → adjusting the Mouse settings will not change the Touchpad settings.
  1. May we have full screen image of Touchpad settings please ? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD
Oh, I’m sorry. I really had no idea ahah… 

Yes the Search field within “Manage Applications” is helpful. I was simply using that window as an example of the scrolling speed that affects all areas of the Kaspersky GUI. Please see attached requested screens. 
Thanks 
new11

Hello @new11,

Thank you for the updated images👌

No apology necessary, it’s all good☺ !

Ok, so a lot of testing😵:

• Resetting the touch pad made no difference.
  • Low sensitivity changed = a marginal reduction in scroll speed, however, it’s so small as to be negligible.
  • Changing mouse parameters made a minuscule difference = of no value & it impaired usability of other apps that do function well & normally with the touch pad = not an ideal outcome😖
  • Tests run on 3 different devices with different opsys & different Kaspersky AV → outcome = same. 

There’s currently an outstanding bug for Kaspersky software and touch pad compatibility, however, (ioo) this issue is not in scope for that. 

(ioo), it’s “by design”, especially as it common to both KPM, KSCLOUD, KTS, KIS, (probably KAV → we didn’t test); we doubt very much it’d be changed, you may wish to log a case with the Kaspersky Technical Support team, I think you know the drill: include KSCloud app video, show more than 1 example, our tests were more demonstrative when we selected different GUI screens, comparison video(s) = other apps where touch pad scroll is normal, images, GSI & Windows Logs, Traces, as much detail as possible, the more they know & understand, the easier it will be (for you & them). 

1. Please add the INC# to your topic? 
  2. Please let us know what the Technical Team advise, when information is available? 

Note1: because of the bug mentioned above, (personally), when working with Kaspersky GUIs, we use 🐀(s)… 

Note2: the search feature we mentioned above, works well in KPM & all Kaspersky home AV suite of products = more reliable & less frustrating than dealing with a GUI that thinks it’s Usain Bolt😉

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳