KLAdmin password rejected

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi all, i am trying to use back up and restore in Total Security but the password fails every time.

I have read this is the pc’s windows password but it still fails. Not sure what to do, i have run out of passwords to try

Hello @Squirrel69

Welcome!

1. Correct, KTS Backup & Restore password is (your) Windows user account password, IF, the backup was set as a Scheduled backup, but, you’ve mentioned KLAdmin password → have you actually set a KLAdmin password? 
  2. At which point is the  back up and restore process failing? 
  3. Please share full screen images, so we can see what you see? 
  4. & please provide the information in the @Danila T. pinned topic: Read before you create a new topic!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Squirrel69

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information & the images👌

Don’t worry about being new, we’ll help!

1. Before trying KTS Backup & Restore, → have you actually set a KLAdmin password, at any time
  2. Please provide the information in the @Danila T. pinned topic: Read before you create a new topic → images you’ve done👏 , just tell us KTS version & Windows OS version please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• Solution

Hello @Squirrel69

It’s ok, just take a breath😅 , follow the instructions carefully:

• Use KLAPR, Kaspersky password reset tool; follow the documentation carefully. 
  • KLAPR tool must be run with Windows in Safe Mode
  • After you’ve reset the password, don’t set a password. 
  • & tell us: is your Windows User account password actually set? Don’t change this, just provide the info please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Squirrel69

Thank you👌

1. Please clarify what is meant by: “microsoft account password and I also have a password to enter when I switch the pc on”? 
  2. Where is the microsoft account password  being requested? 
  3. Is the “password to enter when PC is switched on” a unique password, i.e., not default USER or BLANK? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋