[KIS v21.3.10.391 (a) and windows 10] impossible to create firewall application rules

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

I’m trying to define an application specific firewall rule and I’ve an error message on the windows where applications shall be listed “An error processing data has occured. Data is unavailable”.

I’m using KIS v21.3.10.391(a) on windows 10 pro version 20H2 (build 19042.928). How can I solve this issue ?

Best Regards

Chris

• Solution

Hello @CriCripedia

Welcome!

1. Export KIS Settings
  2. Restore KIS Settings
  3. Shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, start KIS, recheck? 
  4. IF the issue persists: check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with KISUninstall KIS, saving License information only
  5. Download & clean install KIS v21.3.10.391(a), recheck? 
  • Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi Flood🐳+🐋

thanks for your support. I had to completly uninstall and reinstall to solve the issue. Clean install solved the issue. But restoring the config made the problem reappears. So I guess there an issue with my previous config

But restoring the config made the problem reappears. So I guess there an issue with my previous config? 

Hello @CriCripedia

You’re most welcome☺ !

Correct, although, if it was the config alone, then restoring to default should have sorted the issue, but, if importing the original config causes the original issue, there may well be an issue with how the app has been configured. 

Was it heavily tweaked?

Set up the app again, based on your requirements, monitor, keep us posted? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋