KIS 21.1.15.500, reports are more difficult to understand [Split] [posts moved]

In KIS 21.1.15.500, reports are more difficult to understand than in KIS 2020, where they were read clearly.

Couldn’t agree more. Where the detailed reports were before clearly and simply displayed via the ‘all events’ selection, now you have to go through the menu on the left and open each individual report you wish to view (detected objects, anti-banner, scans etc). And refresh them in order to see any recent actions that have occurred. Plus the scroll bar for the new anti-banners module is humongous---have to scroll forever to get to what the location of the incident was. And no ‘Details’ button for the individual events anymore either.

I was able to get KIS remote support to uninstall/re-install my previous version (20.0.14.1085 (i)). Hopefully they’ll pay attention to some of the comments in re this latest build. Making the tools more unwieldy/harder to access for users only impairs their ability to get us to use/vet them, costing them valuable feedback on the app’s performance.

I love KIS, but repeat: The software designers’ mantra is:

‘If it ain’t broke, BREAK IT!!’

bd

Reports, now have to go through the menu on the left and open each individual report you wish to view (detected objects, anti-banner, scans etc). And refresh them in order to see any recent actions that have occurred. Plus the scroll bar for the new anti-banners module is humongous---have to scroll forever to get to what the location of the incident was. And no ‘Details’ button for the individual events anymore either.

I was able to get KIS remote support to uninstall/re-install my previous version (20.0.14.1085 (i)). Hopefully they’ll pay attention to some of the comments in re this latest build. Making the tools more unwieldy/harder to access for users only impairs their ability to get us to use/vet them, costing them valuable feedback on the app’s performance.

Hello @borkduck,

• When you consulted with Kaspersky experts, did you communicate what you’ve shared with us?

IF not, please do so.

• The new Reports interface has been identified (by some) as an issue, the more people who formally advise Kaspersky, the greater the possibility the problems will be attended to. 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

(ioo), the Reports interface issue should have been a new/separate topic🤔

@JPEKaspersky

[...] In relation to the “new” Reports issue, please post images of the problem, so we can see what you can or cannot see that’s causing concern? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Would, but I can’t since I no longer am using the 21.1.15.500. But here’s an image from the above post that gives you an idea;

Totally agree about a separate topic dealing with the new release. If no one else does, I’ll start one.

bd

Here’s a couple of images of the detailed reports screens from the old (20.0.14.1085 (i) version:

Much more accessible for user, able to go to the depth that you wish instead of being given that huge screen dump in the new update.

bd

Hello @borkduck,

Thank you👌

Please advise? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Here’s a couple of images of the detailed reports screens from the old (20.0.14.1085 (i) version:

Much more accessible for user, able to go to the depth that you wish instead of being given that huge screen dump in the new update.

bd

Hello @borkduck,

Thank you👌

Please advise? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

As I said earlier, a technician did a remote session with my system and removed the new update, re-installing the previous build (20.0.14.1085 (i) ). The case was then closed by the tech.

Not sure if this is something that an issue/case can be opened for. I freely admit that outside of the concrete problems I had w/all 3 browsers following the push of the new build--problems that disappeared after the previous build was re-installed--my other objections were just my opinion on what I thought were ill-advised changes of a function that worked perfectly before. Valid, but again just my opinion.

I think your suggestion of a thread where feedback on the new build can be posted a good one. If a problem exists, I believe that Kaspersky will want to know about it. I’m new here and am hoping someone more experienced with the forum might start one. If they don’t, maybe I will.

Thanks for your feedback, diluvian.

bd

Hello @borkduck

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for your reply👌

Regarding “As I said earlier, a technician did a remote session… etc”; well, maybe, but we can’t see where, in this topic, so🤔

Being new is perfect, it means you’re more likely not to be jaded. 

Appreciate (for you) the software has been rolled back to v20, however, at some stage it will update to v21, if only because Kaspersky have introduced “forced”  version updates → not a topic to be discussed here in @JPEKaspersky topic. 

If, at any stage, there are outstanding issues, with Kaspersky software v21, that are not related to the size of patch(b) or the 17th century, please raise a new topic. 

If the Report interface was an issue before your software was rolled back it will continue to be an issue at some stage in the future. 

Change doesn’t happen if Kaspersky (Technical experts) don’t know about the problems - doesn’t matter how much people communicate via the Community, if cases are not logged, Kaspersky experts don’t fix things, they can’t and it’s unrealistic for anyone (you/me/the drovers 🐶) to expect it. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

In KIS 21.1.15.500, reports are more difficult to understand than in KIS 2020, where they were read clearly.

Technical support has also had problems recently:

Orders are stuck in the message "processing the order" and do not go to "awaiting a response from technical support", in addition to a GSI report not being attached to a response from me (and it was less than 10 Mb).

At the suggestion of several users, I’m starting this thread in hope that others having problems/issues w/the latest build (21.1.15.500) can raise them here. Hopefully the designers will take note: or tell me I’m nuts.

So here’s my experience of 21.1.15.500:

9/8/2020--KIS pushed a new build (21.1.15.500) out to me in the morning when I booted my desktop computer. Only pushed out to this computer, and not my notebook, which still has the previous build (20.0.14.1085 (i) ). I immediately began experiencing problems w/all 3 of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE) with the majority of the problems occurring w/Firefox. Pages ceased responding, endless page loads that never finished, messages that I had no internet connection though I did etc. All requiring closing/re-opening browsers or complete re-boots to temporarily resolve, but all cropped up again within a few minutes. Messed with it for the remainder of the day, alternately re-booting system/pulling my hair out.

9/9/2020--Another version pushed in the a.m. at startup (21.1.15.500 (b) ). Same problems persisted throughout the morning. Finally opened an issue w/Kaspersky via phone support (since I wasn’t able to log into my Kaspersky account, due to continuing browser issues). Via remote session the new version was removed from my machine, and the previous build (20.0.14.1085 (i) ) re-installed. All issues immediately resolved w/browsers/internet connection. Everything working fine now.

My remaining issues/bitches are:

The ‘Detailed Reports’ interface was MUCH more intuitive/user friendly. You could select ‘All Events’ and see every incident of any kind in real time/chronologically:

If you wanted to see any incident in further detail you could select ‘Details’ tab for the entry and see a detailed account of the issue:

Note that all the entries also include a color-coded bar identifying the severity/type of issue presented by the logged entry. From their you could go to the specific category of issue (Updates in this case) and see all other entries in this class. Neat, intuitive, non-intrusive.

I can’t post any screenshots of the 21.1.15.500 build, since I no longer have it. I’m including an image posted by another user from another thread to illustrate how much more confusing/difficult to use the new build is:

As opposed to this in the 20.0.14.1085 (i) version:

Note how the description of the event is accessed by clicking the ‘Details’ link:

--thereby avoiding the mile-long scroll for the actual event description as presented in the new version.

You can get all the depth of analysis of an event w/out having to go from place to place looking for it. Plus, if you’re currently viewing say ‘Scans’ on the 21.1.15.500 build and a scan runs in background, it doesn’t show up on the screen until you refresh it (click on ‘Scan’ a 2nd time). So no real-time, at-a-glance capability.

Additional issue for me: the ‘shutdown computer when scan is finished’ has once again disappeared:

I’ll never understand that. For heavy users like myself, who don’t have the time/resources available to perform a full scan during the day, it slows down my machine unacceptably. So I do my full scans at night, and check the ‘Shutdown after scan finishes’ button, thus not having to leave my machine running all night. Or live with the slower performance while simultaneously working and running a full scan during the day.

That’s it. I trust that K guys will see/monitor this topic, and that other users will post their experiences w/21.1.15.500, pro and con. KIS is the best AV program that I’ve ever used, and I’ve used a lot of them. The way to keep it that way is by providing feedback/opinions on how to improve it to the designers.

Thanks for your time,

bd

Hello @borkduck

[...]Change doesn’t happen if Kaspersky (Technical experts) don’t know about the problems - doesn’t matter how much people communicate via the Community, if cases are not logged, Kaspersky experts don’t fix things, they can’t and it’s unrealistic for anyone (you/me/the drovers 🐶) to expect it. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I’m sort of perversely hoping that someone else will have experienced the same issues as I did, and share the issue with Kaspersky.

As for opening an issue myself, I’ll have to wait until they push the new update back at me again in a week or so, then see if I can replicate the problems. Or hopefully they’ll have found/corrected this issue themselves.

Thanks for the help/suggestions. Hope users visit/post comments, pro and con. Only way for an app to be improved.

bd

I support it, I also do not like the new "reports" interface and the "Scan" interface, where now scrolling has appeared - before everything was displayed on one page

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-21/interfeys-proverki-i-otchetov-v-kis-21-1-15-500-a-moved-11514

but it was more convenient