Keyboard Stopped Working On Laptop - Paused Kaspersky Total and Worked?

Joefram80

I bought kaspersky total last year on an old xps 15 9550 with windows 10 pro laptop.  When I used it, I had a huge issue where my keyboard didn't work at all.  I use it connected to 2 external monitors and use a wired keyboard.   Neither my external keyboard nor my laptop keyboard worked.  I then did a lot of trial and error in kaspersky total settings and then somehow my keyboard worked.  After that, I don't recall it having the issue with the keyboard not typing.  My main concern here was because I use bitlocker and it required a pin at startup and then ask for a windows 10 password, that would still meant If i powered on the laptop, I could still type my bitlocker pin and windows password to get in right?  

Now just recently, I purchased a new windows 11 pro laptop.  I installed kaspersky total on it and also moved the settings from the old windows 10 pro laptop to the new windows 11 pro laptop.  I exported and imported the kaspersky file to the new windows 11 pro laptop.  Just recently, my keyboard didn't work.  Not only that, when I used my wireless mouse to click on icons on my desktop... it was right clicking.  I think I had the same exact issue last year when I first got kaspersky total as I mentioned the above example in my 1st paragraph.  I then did a full scan and it was fine.  I then decided to pause kaspersky, and once I did that, my keyboard worked again and so did my mouse clicking.  I then resumed kaspersky total and keyboard and wireless mouse works.  Now can you tell me what exactly triggered this?  What setting in my kaspersky sometimes causes my keyboard to not work?  This makes me want to just pause kaspersky and use the microsoft windows defender that comes with windows.  

My bigger concern however was let say my laptop went to sleep and I needed to enter my local account password to get in to my desktop.  How would I even do that if I can't type at all with my keyboard?  I would have to shut down and restart my laptop as my only alternative right?   Now in this situation, my keyboard would still work at startup right?  Because I have bitlocker enabled on windows 11 pro so I need to enter my bitlocker pin and then my local account password to get into my desktop.  So would I been stuck where I would need to do a clean reinstall if it got to this situation?  Or my keyboard has to work at startup when it shows bitlocker screen?