Keyboard input on Edge browser isn't working if the Kaspersky is active

Vali2121

I’m using Kaspersky Total Security on a Windows 10 PC. I’m facing this strange issue from the last two days. I’m not sure when and how exactly it is happening but the Kaspersky disabling the keyboard input on EDGE (which I mostly work with). I have to disable to Kaspersky every time it happens to reactivate the keyboard again. Can somebody help me to fix this issue?

Kaspersky version: 21.2.16.590

EDGE version: 88.0.705.53

Windows 10 pro 20H2

Hello  @Vali2121

Welcome!

1. Does  21.2.16.590 have a patch(x) x = letter →  on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. The latest Edge Chromium version is  88.0.705.56 (Official build) (64-bit), have you checked Edge Chromium for updates
  3. Please check the Kaspersky Protection extension version
  4. When you're using Edge Chromium, any specific sites, where the Keyboard input is not working → may we have a few site names/links to test?
  5. Do all Windows updates have a Successfully applied status → in Windows Search bar type   View up  → select View Update history
  6. Is Anti-banner & Private browsing enabled on the sites when the “Kaspersky disabling the keyboard input” is happening?
  7. If “Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages” is switched OFF, does the Keyboard input problem persist? 
  8. If “Do not scan encrypted connections”, is switched ON, does the Keyboard input problem persist? 
  9. Does the Keyboard input problem persist if Windows or Kaspersky virtual keyboards are used? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem and it always starts when using my online-banking. My keyboard is totally disabled and can only be activated after removing the battery.

Is there any way to stop this, because doing online-banking without anti-virus is really a no-go for me!

Thank you for your help!

Greetings!

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me. When I open my PayPal account, after I type my password, PayPal requests my 2FA code, but my keyboard got blocked, and I cannot type in any other application until I disable the secure keyboard feature or close the Google Chrome. Please review this issue asap.