'Keep computer turned on' during Scan does not work

On my Windows 10 based desktop PC when running a full scan, my computer still goes to sleep even when ‘I keep the computer turned on’ is selected.  I have been a user of Kaspersky for some years and from what I can tell this has never worked.  Any ideas on this?

Unfortunately it didnt answer my question.   My Windows Power Settings are set to High Performance.  My computer is set to sleep after an hour of inactivity however most antivirus software will prevent a computer from sleeping until the full scan task has been completed.  Kaspersky itself states ‘keep the computer turned on’ during a scan as an option.  My point is even with this set at least in my case, Kaspersky does not prevent my PC from sleeping. 

Device drivers are the programs that enable computers to communicate with installed hardware such as scanners. When a computer does not recognize an otherwise functioning scanner that is connected to it via its USB, serial or parallel port, the problem is usually caused by outdated, corrupted or incompatible device drivers. This is usually easily remedied by obtaining and installing new drivers. Worn, crimped or defective cables can also cause computers to fail to recognize scanners.

Outdated Drivers

The drivers that are supplied with a scanner often need to be updated when the operating system of a computer is updated. In some cases, it is only some features of the scanner that are not available when older drivers are used. In other cases, the computer does not recognize the scanner at all. Scanner manufacturers usually provide new drivers for updated operating systems on their websites. When you download and install a new driver, your computer usually recognizes the scanner either immediately or after the computer is restarted.

@Cevap 

VGAglory just explained that other antivirus applications have no problem keeping his computer awake. There are also backup applications that can do the same. If all these programs manage to keep Windows awake, some of which on VGAglory’s computer according to his report, then the problem might very well be with KTS.

Asking him to change his power-plan when KTS specifically offers an option to keep the computer awake also seems rather counterproductive. That would be exactly what VGAglory does *not* want.

Thank you Timur, you are the only person getting my query.  Absolutely the scanner should be keeping the PC awake during a scan ( or at least a working option to) to allow for a full scan to complete especially when it can take several hours!  I mention again that every other scanner I have ever used has this option and works correctly.  I like Kaspersky but would be nice if this particular feature worked.  

As far as I understand, this setting means "keep the computer turned on after scanning" and not "keep the computer turned on during scanning".

This makes absolutely no sense

Hello @VGAglory,

@andrew75s statement is correct. With the setting you determine what should happen after the scan.
Many users start a scan and then go to sleep or go home. They then set that the computer turns off after the scan or goes into a sleep mode.

An AV now has the choice of how it behaves. Some override the Windows setting for sleep mode, others do not.
Kaspersky has chosen to respect the settings made for the operating system.
In forums of other AV vendors that use a keep alive function during the scan, you will find posts like 'why doesn't the AV respect the OS settings?’.
Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.

I agree with you on one point though: it would be nice if there was an extra setting for this.