Kaspersky total security stoped working and isn't opening

Tamid
Go to solution Solved by andrew75,

@Tamid, remove leftover McAfee programs using the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool

Possibly incompatible software or hardware is found:

KernelDriver

McAfee Inc. mfeaack

mfeaack

system32\drivers\mfeaack.sys

Normalized driver file name is:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mfeaack.sys

Driver file exist: False

KernelDriver

McAfee Inc. mfeelamk

mfeelamk

system32\drivers\mfeelamk.sys

Normalized driver file name is:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mfeelamk.sys

Driver file exist: False

Win32ShareProcess

McAfee Home Network

HomeNetSvc

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe" /McCoreSvc

Win32OwnProcess

McAfee AP Service

McAPExe

"C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\McAPExe.exe"

Win32OwnProcess

McAfee Activation Service

McAWFwk

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ActWiz\McAWFwk.exe

Win32ShareProcess

McAfee Boot Delay Start Service

mcbootdelaystartsvc

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\platform\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe" /McCoreSvc

Win32ShareProcess

McAfee OOBE Service2

McOobeSv2

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\platform\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe" /McCoreSvc

Win32ShareProcess

McAfee Platform Services

mcpltsvc

Win32ShareProcess

McAfee Proxy Service

McProxy

Link to GSI report.

@Tamid, write in more detail, after which the problem began.
Have you tried to install the new version of Total Security yourself?

"C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\kl-setup-2019-09-15-10-11-28_PURE.20.0.14.1085.log"     Modified:15/09/2019 10:12:13
"C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\kl-setup-2019-09-15-10-12-14_PURE.20.0.14.1085.log"     Modified:15/09/2019 10:12:14
"C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\kl-setup-2020-09-09-20-19-43_PURE.21.1.15.500.log"     Modified:09/09/2020 20:21:06
"C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\kl-setup-2020-09-09-20-21-06_PURE.21.1.15.500.log"     Modified:09/09/2020 20:21:07

ProductName:Kaspersky Total Security
ProductVersion:20.0.14.1085
ProductStatus:release
Localization:en
ProductHotfix:a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.i.j.k.l
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ProductName:Kaspersky Total Security
ProductVersion:21.1.15.500
ProductStatus:release
Localization:en

Hi,

My computer was automatically shut down, probably because of a window update. After I couldn’t start Kaspersky for several attempts including restarts and from window specifications, and after writing to Kesparsky support and not getting any reply for a couple of days I tried to install a newer version which didn't improve the situation. I have hundreds of files in the data protection section of Kaspersky, years of work.  I have to retrieve the files. 

• Solution

@Tamid, before taking any action, I recommend making a copy of the data vault file (this is a file with the extension *.kde).

Now you have two versions of Kaspersky Total Security installed at the same time (20th and 21st).

You need to uninstall both of these versions. Through "Add or Remove Programs" (if possible) and using the kavremover utility.
Make sure you have an activation code first.

After restarting your computer, you need to install the 21-st version of Total Security.
After installing the program, you can connect the previously created data vault to it. As written here