Kaspersky total security missing key features after 2021 update. Eg: Right click quick scan of a file....etc. ?

312_ramos
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hey Guys

After the big update yesterday (v 2021) I have already encountered a few issues with my Total security. Like the aforementioned one where when we right on a specific file, it asks you to scan for viruses along with other windows options and now it is not there anymore. Also, the chrome extensions keeps loading when I click on it and the icon is greyed out like it is inactive. I have inserted the image below for your reference. I have also posted an image where I right-click a file to scan but the options are nowhere to be found after the update. I really need these features as they were handy. Now it is a lot of work. Please help!

Thanks and Cheers.

• Solution

Hello @312_ramos

Welcome!

1. Carefully check v21 system requirements ?
  2. Carefully check List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security ?
  3. Uninstall KTS, save License information only, follow the documentation carefully.
  4. Download & clean install KTS v21.2, follow the documentation carefully, recheck Windows explorer, Scan for viruses option & grey Kaspersky Protection extension issues? 

If they persist, log a case with  with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, provide as much detail as possible, if you have images & or video that may help Support understand the issues, include those, include the URL for this Community topic, Kaspersky may request Traces & other data, they will guide you if necessary

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife . Thanks for the reply. I followed what you said, reinstalled the application manually and everything works fine now. The extension works cool and I got the right click scan options back. The only thing that concerns me is that the earlier version of the app is still there on the control panel (Image 1).

When i try to uninstall it, this error pops up (Image 2) 

Is the previous version still there on my PC? If that’s the case how do i remove it properly?

Thanks.

P.S. Yesterday’s updation of the v20 to v21 was automatic and I did not do anything and that’s how I got those missed feature issue initially. I think there is  a problem with auto-updation feature as I cannot remove the old version as of now.

• 5 months later...

I’m having exactly the same issues as in this post. Reinstalling because of missing context menu options.

Right now I’m unable to remove the old version because it says “Application update is in progress.”

@312_ramos were you able to resolve the issue?