Kaspersky Total Security has damaged your PC

Hi,
I subscription to tell you about my misadventure with the product I purchased: Kaspersky Total Security 2 years for a PC.
I had set the product in maximum protection mode, in all its functions.
Unfortunately I suffered a serious attack on my PC, resulting in the loss of all my data and I had to reinstall the operating system and programs because it deleted a file in system and now I have a disk that sometimes gives me the disk error.
I emailed the customer service to tell them that I no longer wanted their subscription because the software really disappointed me, I was also advised to do a scan with another antivirus and it found over 10 harmful files, I no longer feel safe with Kaspersky and since I still have 550 days left on my subscription I asked for a refund.
Having reached this point, since I was saving all my passwords with Kaspersky, do I also risk a data leak?
I was told that since more than 14 days had passed since the purchase they were not obliged to issue a refund.
What can I do? Thank you

Edited by FedericoC

Having reached this point, since I was saving all my passwords with Kaspersky, do I also risk a data leak?

The Kaspersky Password Manager vault is encrypted and can only be decrypted with your master password. There is no other way to view the stored entries, there is no data leak possibility. 

• Like 2

In this situation there is not much we can do, sorry about it. 

I was also advised to do a scan with another antivirus and it found over 10 harmful files

Sometimes third party programs detect remnants of malware which are not harmful, or give false detections. We would need to get the samples to analyze and give verdict. 

What can I do?

Kaspersky provides a very solid level of protection and has good support too, I recommend to continue using it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, @FedericoC

it deleted a file in system and now I have a disk that sometimes gives me the disk error.

which type disk error? it lead to os boot failure or lost some file in OS or which situation. I recommend you check the disk first or do a windows image verification.

chkdsk ? /f

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Regards.