Kaspersky Total security causes update failure

Sumit Dhiman

Hi,

I am a Windows Insider MVP and work on Microsoft Community. Often I am seeing that the users with Kaspersky Total security have troubles upgrading to 2004. Example:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-updating-to-latest-windows-10-version/088464a1-2525-4522-9a57-4a0196da3b03

The log files clearly mention Kaspersky was the culprit and it appears to be a permissions error.

2020-09-11 11:13:34, Error                 MIG    Error 5 while applying object HKCU\Software\KasperskyLab\AVP20.0. Shell application requested abort

Is it under the radar of the team of Kaspersky? There is a link of the log files if anyone wants to have a look.

Thank you.

Hello Flood,

Many thanks for the response. Agreed that every case is different :)

Re: The logs - yes, OD had a minor hiccup. In any case, the logs here do indicate Kaspersky as per my understanding, in case if the team wants to have a look.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnAorLTbLmU7ge81b14J19JQ2Luq6A?e=TMDbw3

Also, I’ll ask the poster to open a case with you.

Thank you

Hello @Sumit Dhiman

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. Are the people experiencing upgrade issues, removing KTS (saving License information only), before the upgrade and doing a clean install after a successful upgrade to 2004? 
  • The Technical Support service is available to holders of current Kaspersky software subscription. 
  • Before logging cases, it’s important to confirm they’ve done the install of their KTS software exactly as per the documented procedures? 
  • To log a case, they’ll need to collect & submit GSI & Windows Logs, Traces, and, if the problem is happening with KTS in-place, when they try to upgrade, installation logs. 

Cases are logged via their MyKaspersky account, please guide them with the template below

After submitting the case, (they’ll) receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, they may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Kindly share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳