Kaspersky Stopping MS Teams Assignments from loading

James28

Hello, I have Kaspersky on both of my children’s MacBooks. MS Teams is working for their home schooling but Kaspersky seems to stop the assignments from loading. This seems to be a sporadic problem but always immediately resolves itself when I turn the protection off. 

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this rather than turning it off? Thanks

Hello @James28

Welcome!

1. Please Read before you create a new topic!
  2. So, the software is Kaspersky Internet Security, not Kaspersky Safe Kids, on both MACs? 
  3. If it’s KIS, have any allowed/trusted exclusions been applied? 
  4. If it’s KIS, has the Kaspersky Security extension been installed & enabled? If “yes”, does it help to disable the extension? 
  5. If it’s KIS, is Block website tracking on or off? 
  6. Does the issue happen in both Safari & Google chrome browsers? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello Flood, thank you for your feedback. With regards to your questions:

1. I am running Kaspersky Internet Security app version 21.1.0.150a.b.c, with macOS Big Sur version 11.6
  2. Yes the same on both Macs
  3. I haven’t added any exclusions as I wasn’t really sure what to add and didn’t want to mess it up without advice
  4. i Have the security extension but it is not enabled for safari or chrome
  5. Block website tracking is unchecked
  6. i am not using MS Teams through a browser, I am using the MS Teams application downloaded from MS365. It seems to work when accessing through the browser, but I have only tried this just now and it is a sporadic issue. 

Hello @James28

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information👌

If it’s just MS Teams assignments that are not loading, via the app, there may be events in the Kaspersky reports, check there, you may see which objects need to be added so Kaspersky does not block them, if the information is available, use the following documentation: 

How to exclude a file, folder or a link from scan in Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac

Add/remove a file or folder to/from the protection scope

If that doesn’t help, follow: 

What to do if Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac functions incorrectly, including logging a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd pty software template; support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

➡ Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋