Kaspersky Shut Down and Audit Failure

john sendama

Very concerned. Using Total Security, a windows notifcation popped up “virus database out of date”, then immediately after it said “no antivirus running” (or something like that). I scrolled over, clicked Kaspersky Icon, nothing happens then icon disappears. Then, a few seconds later Kaspersky comes back. I do a scan - nothing. I reboot and do another scan, also with Hitmanpro - both show nothing. Everything seems to be working normal. I check the event log. At the time Kaspersky disappeared it shows an audit failure:

“Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name:    \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\SysWOW64\aepic.dll”

I had a backup drive image from 1 week ago, so I just reinstalled the image, but I am very concerned what happened here.

There was a pop-up from Kaspersky when I rebooted the computer, saying that because something failed you want to review log files, but I didn’t send it because I had pulled my ethernet cable and didn’t want to go online with a potential infection/hack.

Can anyone make me feel a little better about what happened here? Do i need to change all of my passwords etc?