kaspersky security cloud family license problem

Gianluca
Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

I’ve bought a new license for kaspersky cloud family on Amazon (kaspersky was the seller) to renew my Security Cloud Family and 30 days before I put the code on MyKaspersky.

Until the last day the antivirus have a warning ‘license to renew’ but the assistance tell me don’t worry and activate the new code when the old is finished

But after the end of the new license I had to reactivate the new license not only in MyKaspersky but also in all the devices and now in myKaspersky I can see the old Security Cloud (expired) with all my settings and a new Security Cloud active but without all the personalized settings and the users that I had set in the previous license

What did I do wrong?

@Gianluca

I can see the old Security Cloud (expired) with all my settings and a new Security Cloud active but without all the personalized settings and the users that I had set in the previous license

It's not clear what settings you're talking about.

It seems that not all the keys are equals and I bought a key valid only to a new license

The keys are equal.

ok it’s clear that for me your support is not useful.

As far as we can see, you have contacted support today and have been given an answer to your question. Here on the forum you have not provided details of the problem. Accordingly, we were unable to answer the substance of your question. Issues like this cannot be resolved through a forum. Especially from your description, you seem to be having problems with resetting  personalized settings (It's not clear from the description which ones).

We're sorry we couldn't help here on the forum.

ok, I write a short description of the problem, the answer is ‘contact the support’, I did it and they give me the answer that I reported in my second message (so other people can avoid my mistake, that’s what the forum are in or not?) next message is again ‘contact the support’….

Hi everyone,

@Gianluca. Did you get to a solution to your problem ? I would appreciate an update to your story since I just bought on Amazon a licence for Kaspersky Security Cloud Family (like you). So far, so good. But I was wondering about a future licence when mine gets expired. It seems from your own experience that we can’t get another licence without losing our previous settings. Am I right ?

Thanks,

@Gianluca,

Thanks for you answer. Since you seem to know this product, could you please tell me how it works regarding number of devices per user. My licence is for 10 devices but is it only for me (own mykaspersky account) ? And how many users can i invite with my licence (wife, kids...) and many devices can they use with their own mykaspersky account ? Is a maximum of 10 devices for the whole family ? Thanks.

On myKaspersky you have a mydevices list (so every device is counted only one time) and a different list (on the license info) for family members, I don’t see a limit for members.

As the owner, you are the family administrator and you can add family members creating their account and sending them an email invite to join the family; even if the members are listed under the license when you buy a new license (like me) you don’t have to recreate the accounts but only to reinvite them