Kaspersky says Browser is trying to use my webcam but my webcam shouldn't be working. [merged]

EREQQ

Kaspersky said that my browser was trying to use my webcam but I was not doing anything that used my webcam and didn’t give any permission on it’s usage (normally asks for it).

I suspect it is a virus but Kaspersky couldn’t find anything on a Full scan.

Kaspersky said that my browser was trying to use my webcam but I was not doing anything that used my webcam and didn’t give any permission on it’s usage (normally asks for it).

Hello @EREQQ 
Welcome!

1. It’s not a virus. 
  2. Which KTS version & patch(x) is installed → Read before you create a new topic! 
  3. Post a full screen image of the problem please? 
  4. chrome://settings/content/camera should be set as in image 1.
  5. Chrome, Access webcam, should be configured as in images 2 to 4.

5. Please read resources:

Webcam Protection

How to change settings of application access to the webcam

& similar topics:

pop up message that Google was accessing my Web Cam. What can I do to prevent Google from doing this.

edge using webcam without being shown active in the taskbar - everything ok with that?

Google Chrome is using the webcam. KIS 2020(d)

KIS 20 Says Google Chrome is Using my Webcam ... But It's Not

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @EREQQ 
Welcome!

1. It’s not a virus. 
  2. Which KTS version & patch(x) is installed → Read before you create a new topic! 
  3. Post a full screen image of the problem please? 
  4. chrome://settings/content/camera should be set as in image 1.
  5. Chrome, Access webcam, should be configured as in images 2 to 4.

5. Please read resources:

Webcam Protection

How to change settings of application access to the webcam

& similar topics:

pop up message that Google was accessing my Web Cam. What can I do to prevent Google from doing this.

edge using webcam without being shown active in the taskbar - everything ok with that?

Google Chrome is using the webcam. KIS 2020(d)

KIS 20 Says Google Chrome is Using my Webcam ... But It's Not

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Google trying to use my camera is not a problem. My laptop already has webcam protection(you can physically close the camera with a mechanical switch, impossible to hack) 
What I am afraid of is that a virus that kaspersky couldn’T find (and delete). 
 This is just another kaspersky bug then right? Thank you for this, I’m assuming it’s not a virus then.
Thank you for your answer.

Hello @EREQQ

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for posting back!

This issue has not appeared for some time, it’s interesting that it’s turned up again, we’d like to know:

1. Which KTS version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Please share a full screen screenprint of “browser was trying to use my webcam”? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Today, I noticed that while browsing in chrome, I got the pop up that Google Chrome is using Webcam. For now, I have disabled webcam through device manager but question is Kaspersky Antivirus security is turned on for Webcam how this happened. Is my Webcam compromised?

Windows : Windows 10 Home Single Language

OS Build : 19043.1165

Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Kaspersky : 21.3.10.391(f) 2021 AO Kaspersky Lab

1. question is Kaspersky Antivirus security is turned on for Webcam how this happened. 
  2. Is my Webcam compromised?

Hello @abhikumar

Welcome!

1. Periodically, this issue comes up with Kaspersky software. 
  2. No. 

Please read similar topic:

Kaspersky says Browser is trying to use my webcam but my webcam shouldn't be working and Kaspersky couldn't find any viruses.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

No, he meant that there are false positives when Chrome/Chromium starts up.
The camera led obviously does not turn on, but kaspersky shows the notification.

Chrome. Crucial Storage Executive (which runs on an embedded kinda chromium) all generate such messages.
Like on every boot I get notification that 4-5 apps are using my webcam & then it goes away.

Fully blocking the camera everywhere is counter intuitive man, how can you recommend this to someone during COVID where we all are working/studying from home.