Kaspersky protection not blocking youtube adds

Raiser

Hello @Raiser

Welcome!

Please share with us: 

1. Version of the operating system? refer (How to find the version of your operating system).
  2. Kaspersky application version & patch? refer (How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application).
  3. Edge version
  4. Is the problem new or has always existed
  5. How are Anti-Banner & Private browsing configured? 
  6. Post a a full page image of the problem? refer - (How to take a screenshot).
  7. Post some YouTube URLS, so we can test to see if we can replicate the issue? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi,

It’s windows 11, kts 21.3.10, edge Version 94.0.992.50, always existed since the upgrade to windows 11, anti banner and private browsing are on with nothing changed by me.

for pages to test you can try any, adds are going through on all videos.

Regards

This issue is affecting Kaspersky Anti-Banner for some months since YouTube service changed the way They deliver embedded ads inside videos… I already reported it during K2021MR4 beta testing and I got the reply they were aware and was trying to found a solution…  Still waiting, there are other add-ons solutions that block those ads (uBlock Origin, for example), without issues…

Hello @harlan4096

Thank you for contributing.

• The issue is not affecting all KTS, Edge, YouTube users, that’s why we asked for URLs to test. 

Hello @Raiser

Thank you for the information.

• We cannot replicate the issue. If you wish to provide specific URLs we’ll continue to test. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I mean this kind of YT ads, before start watching or while watching a video (using FireFox 93):

Hello @harlan4096

Thank you for the clarification!

Yes, the KTS, YouTube, Firefox issue is well known; it’s existed for months & months, we also formally logged it with Kaspersky when it first appeared, but, @Raiser is reporting the same issue for Edge. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Here you go, have fun listening too 🙂 getting at least 3 adds for any video I try on youtube.

Hello @Raiser

Thank you!

• We cannot replicate the issue. 

• What is the Kaspersky protection extension version
  • Is YouTube NonStop an extension? 
  • Is the  Kaspersky protection extension, showing stats for Private browsing? - see our video. 
  • Is the  Kaspersky protection extension, showing stats for Anti-banner?  - see our video? 
  • Have you tried the following:
  1. Resetting Edge, then exiting Edge.
  2. Resetting KTS to default
  3. Shutdown the machine, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  4. Run a manual KTS database update - allow it to complete
  5. Start Edge, recheck ads in YouTube? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Link