Kaspersky overriding pop-up blocker

Hi. I have searched but not found the answer to my query. 

I use Google Chrome and have it set to block pop-ups. However, when I enable the Kaspersky Total Security extension in Chrome, it allows a pop-up on a website I use for work. If I disable the Kaspersky extension, the pop-up is blocked as it should be. I want to enable the Kaspersky extension, but what setting do I need to change to stop it allowing the pop-up?

Windows 10 version 2004 (OS build 19041.985)

Kaspersky Total Security version 21.3.10.391 (b)

Thank you

I want to enable the Kaspersky extension, but what setting do I need to change to stop it allowing the pop-up?

Hello @canthavethat

Welcome!

Unusual that KTS protection extension would override a Chrome setting, especially block popups🤔

1. In Chrome, chrome://settings/content/popups - are there any sites listed? 
  2. Is it possible to post a video please → hide / blur any private information? 
  3. In Anti-banner, have any settings been changed? 
  4. Has KTS been restored to Default → machine shutdown using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, start KTS, start browser/site - does the issue repeat? 
  5. For the site, the Kaspersky protection extension should be as follows: 

Private browsing - Allow data collection - no

Anti-banner, enabled

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi. Thank you for replying! Ok in reference to your list of things to try…

1. In Chrome, chrome://settings/content/popups - are there any sites listed?  No
  2. Is it possible to post a video please → hide / blur any private information?  I don’t have a clue how to edit a video, sorry
  3. In Anti-banner, have any settings been changed? No, it’s off
  4. Has KTS been restored to Default → machine shutdown using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, start KTS, start browser/site - does the issue repeat?  I did both and it hasn’t solved the issue
  5. For the site, the Kaspersky protection extension should be as follows: 

Private browsing - Allow data collection - no

Anti-banner, enabled

I don’t know how to enable these just for one site?

I’m baffled ☹  Thank you for trying to help me 🙂

Hi. Thank you for replying! Ok in reference to your list of things to try…

1. Is it possible to post a video please → hide / blur any private information?  I don’t have a clue how to edit a video, sorry
  2. In Anti-banner, have any settings been changed? No, it’s off
  3. Private browsing - Allow data collection - no. Anti-banner, enabled; I don’t know how to enable these just for one site?

Hello @canthavethat

You’re most welcome☺ !

Editing/censoring parts of video can be a little tricky, let’s not worry about that. 

1. Regarding Anti-banner, 2. above, when you say Anti-banner is OFF, in the KTS application, is the entire Anti-banner module OFF? →  refer image 1; if “yes”, why? Please exit Chrome, turn the Anti-Banner module ON,  shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started, start browser/site - does the popup issue repeat? 
  2. To set Private browsing - Allow data collection, for a specific site = where the popup is happening, open the tiny Kaspersky shield in the browser bar, select, select Block data collection on this site → refer image 2
  3. To set Anti-banner, enabled, for a specific site = where the popup is happening, open the tiny Kaspersky shield in the browser bar, select, select Block on this website → refer image 2
  4. Go to Chrome - All cookies and site data = chrome://settings/siteData, search for your work website name, in our example we’ve used Kaspersky = chrome://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=kaspersky - select Remove all shown → refer image 3
  5. Exit Chrome, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started, start browser/site - does the popup issue repeat? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi again.

Anti-banner was off because after your first post I reset KTS to default settings, and that apparently is the default. I managed to block data collection and enable anti-banner for the site, thanks for the tips. I’ve also done everything else you suggested, including the shutdowns, and still it’s happening!

The site is peopleplanner.biz (for managing staff and rotas) but you can’t reach the point where the popup happens without logging in to an account,

I really appreciate your time and effort thank you. It seems I may just have to live with it, though I hate to be beaten and it will continue to annoy me haha!

I’ve also done everything else you suggested, including the shutdowns, and still it’s happening!

The site is peopleplanner.biz (for managing staff and rotas) but you can’t reach the point where the popup happens without logging in to an account. 

Hello @canthavethat

You’re most welcome☺

1. Are there any other extensions installed in Chrome? 
  2. Does the same popup display if:

2.1 Edge Chromium or Firefox is used? 

2.2 (You’re) signed in on another computer? 

2.3 (You) sign into your computer with a different/new Windows user account? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋