Kaspersky not recognising azureedge.net, SSL connection with invalid certificate detected

Shimdog

Is this a fault, as I checked out all the certificates and everything and it seems to be run by Microsoft, but I keep getting an unsafe URL message when my computer tries to run it, not when I type in the address, so I’m guessing it’s something my computer does automatically as when I look through my reports, the application running it states to be ‘Search and Cortana application’. 

Is this mean’t to happen or is there something wrong? Do I allow it to carry on or do I disconnect it from the URL?

Hello @Shimdog,

There’s a few things to do: 

• ❔ Do you use Search and Cortana application? If "no", change Cortana's permissions. 
  • ❔ Check the certificates: Qualys SSL Server Test
  • ❔ Check all Windows Updates have a successfully applied status? If "no", update. 
  • ❔ BIOS/Windows system Date/Time? Probably fine but always check. 
  • 1 Create a System Restore Point.
  • 2 Windows Search, type Internet Options, select Content tab > select Clear SSL state, select OK.
  • 3 Run Windows in Safe Mode
  • 4 Clear:

C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

• 5 Add exclusions for the  domain - see image

• 6 Reboot, Shutdown, not Restart, power on, log in, start KTS,
  • 7 Run a manual Database update. 
  • 8 Recheck issue? 

Fixed, please let us know? 

Not fixed, please let us know?

⚠ Disable the scanning of encrypted connections - not a recommended solution, really used to test if the alerts stop.

• Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support: they’ll require a GSI & Windows Logs, detailed history, the Report, images if relevant and possibly Traces, they will guide you with the Traces collection if needed. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human🕵 will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please  keep us posted with any updates they provide please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Reference documentation: Messages "Certificate verification problem detected" and "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" when trying to open a website

Hello @Shimdog,

The Qualys SSL Server Test confirms the KTS information. 

Have the following been done:

• ❔ Do you use Search and Cortana application? If "no", change Cortana's permissions. 
  • ❔ Check all Windows Updates have a successfully applied status? If "no", update. 
  • ❔ BIOS/Windows system Date/Time? Probably fine but always check. 

If “yes”, please follow steps 1  to  8.

Please let know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳