Kaspersky Internet Security 21 conflicting with youtube

Go to solution Solved by Friend,

KIS version is 21.1.15.500( c ) . It just auto updated the other day to this version and now im having issues with youtube, top right panel with drop down list wont work (one with your profile picture) and the notification bell will not load anything, along with not being able to comment and more videos not loading when i scroll down.  Pausing kaspersky fixes everything.  Is 21.1.15.500 ( c ) the newest KIS version? if so is there a way i could temporarily run with a previous version and see it if works?

Hi, @matthewreck .
Latest version: 21.2.16.590 -https://support.kaspersky.com/15595
Download and install it manually, the problem should be resolved there.

Was literally just coming here to post that i did that and it fixed it, haha.  Even though there really should be a link in the kaspersky app right to the page where you can update the application, as far as iv seen there is no link that directly takes you from the app to a page with download update links.

Thanks.

I had one of my PC’s upgrade to KIS 21.2.16.590.

Now YouTube stops responding after a few minuets of playback, Various other sites will also stop responding. Even Windows update hung at 50% installing a Internet explorer update?

But If I exit Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2.16.590 the internet and sites start working again? If I pause KIS 21.2.16.590 it does not resolve the issue the issue.

I thought it might be a problem with the RealTek Gigabit Driver so updated that, no change. Checked the realtek driver settings, no problems found.

Tried a reinstall of KIS 21.2.16.590 from the link above, problem still persists. Looked though the settings on KIS 21.2.16.590 firewall looking for a problem, couldn’t find one.

I should empathize there were no problems with the previous version installed KIS 20.0.14.1085 that was on the computer.

This is rather worrying as I recommend Kaspersky to people and businesses. While I have not received any reports yet, I expect if they are having issues they think its the ISP. This could push them to drop Kaspersky as a AV provider.

Hello @Tannah O'Neill

Welcome!

1. Check List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security?
  2. Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, atm Kaspersky have not updated the request template KIS versions, select 21.1.1.500 ; in the problem description add your version is 21.2.16.590, provide specific system version information, a detailed history, images & or video if they help explain the problem & the URL/link to this Community topic; Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 months later...

Youtube is still very slow, if i turn off Kaspersky it will have a connection to google servers with my full bandwith of 150mbit/s if i turn on Kaspersky i am lucky to hit 10mbit/s youtube watching is a pain in the ass!!! KIS 21 is the worst program i´ve ever come across! Do something about it!