Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 upgraded to 2020 automatically and other questions please.

Hello,

My Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 is due to expire in 18 days, and on my computer how this happened I don’t know, but it upgraded to some components of 2020 and I tried to uninstall and go back to 2019 and it didn’t return to the whole 2019 version.  I did have it set so that it wouldn’t install to next version, and on my husband computer it is still the 2019 version. 

Is there anyway of going back to the 2019 version so that I can complete the use of it?  Also how do I  prevent Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 from uploading automatically to the 2021 version?

I looked under settings on the partial version of 2020 under New Applications Versions, Settings and I can’t find it there? 

Also one more question please:  I have this on both of our computers: 

Can I delete this from both of the computers?  I think this was from Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 when I installed it but I want to make sure?

Hello @Blondie59,

Welcome!

• Regarding “New Applications Versions, Settings - I can’t find it there? “, correct, Kaspersky have removed this option, however, the logic/rationale/purpose behind the change is unclear/unknown, according to the Kaspersky Help Desk Online Chat operator:

The Kaspersky developers have deemed that regularly upgrading the products to the latest versions is necessary to keep the effectiveness of the security they provide.”

unquote

To revert to KIS2019:

1. Uninstall KIS2020, save License information ONLY, make sure to shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, after uninstalling KIS2020. 
  2. From KL product builds, download KIS2019.
  3. Start the KIS2019 install, within seconds of the install starting, the KIS install app will show a message “searching for newer version”, you must select “Skip”, if a newer version is accepted at this point, the process will not work. 

4. After KIS2019 is installed, make sure Download & install new application versions is not enabled. 

5. After KIS2019 is installed, make sure to shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart.

6. After KIS2019 is installed, power computer on, login, run a manual Database update - allow it to complete.

7. Run a manual Full Scan - allow it to complete. 

• Regarding the KIS18 exe on both computers, may we have an image of the exact path where the .exes are located please?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello,

Thank you, I was able to reinstall the 2019 version, however now I have lost the Kaspersky Internet Security Protection 2019 add-on for Firefox & Internet Explorer. 

Please help me to reinstall the add-on.

In regards to the KIS18 exe I removed it from both computers and have had issues.

Thank you

Hello @Blondie59,

Thank you for the update, and well done👏 !

• For Firefox, check:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0\FFExt\light_plugin_firefox - the needed file is addon.xpi 

If it’s there, follow: How to install the extension in Mozilla Firefox

• For Internet Explorer - in the KIS main window, select Details, in the Notification centre, there may be  Notification / RecommendationKaspersky Protection extension is not installed in Internet Explorer  & in KIS, Settings⚙ , Additional, Network an Kaspersky Protection extension is not installed in Internet Explorer Install option, if it’s there, follow: How to install the extension in Internet Explorer under Windows 10 & video guides below.
  • Regarding “KIS18exe I removed it from both computers and have had issues.”, if assistance is required, please detail the issues, we’ll help if we can?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Link

Link

Link