Kaspersky Internet AV, cloud protection, blocks software download from editor website. reason : dangerous address [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by richbuff,

Hello,

I wanted to download an evaluation version of a software (legitimate editor website) but when I clicked the “Download” button (link to the file), I was surprised that Kaspersky blocked it (Internet AV, cloud protection, reason : dangerous address) so I couldn’t proceed but that’s ok.

I was a little curious about Kaspersky’s capabilities, so I right-clicked on the “Download” button and clicked “save target as” : this time, Kaspersky showed a notification on the bottom-right corner telling that a dangerous link was blocked. But on the browser, the window to save the file still appeared. Of course at this point, I closed everything.

My question :

1- What if I proceeded with the download ? Would Kaspersky download the original file or would it detect and block the download ?

2 - As for me, I closed everything when the “save target as” popup appeared and did not try again, so no harm done on my side right ?

Thank you richbuff. Of course, I tried from the official website.

One thing I should add is that I tried to paste the link in virusdesk : it was detected at first but after sending it to analysis it appeared green today.

I managed to get the pointed file hash and tried it in virustotal : went from red to green (Kaspersky side). However, other vendors (7/70) still detects it.

Can we make any conclusions based on that ? Kaspersky wouldn’t whitelist a file just because I submitted a link ?