Kaspersky Free on my Windows Desktop PC does it provide real-time protection or is that a feature you can only get in the paid version?

So my subscription for Kaspersky recently ended and I don't got the money to renew it currently so I've started using Kaspersky Free which I'm not sure if it provides real-time protection as in does it only helps scan the computer for a virus after you've downloaded something or been exposed or is it able to do the same a a paid version can and stop it before you download it or get exposed to the virus,malware etc.?

I hope this question makes sense, sorry if it's worded in a confusing way.

9 hours ago, echotango said:

So my subscription for Kaspersky recently ended and I don't got the money to renew it currently so I've started using Kaspersky Free which I'm not sure if it provides real-time protection as in does it only helps scan the computer for a virus after you've downloaded something or been exposed or is it able to do the same a a paid version can and stop it before you download it or get exposed to the virus, malware etc.?

I hope this question makes sense, sorry if it's worded in a confusing way.

Hello @echotango

Welcome back!

Your question makes sense, do not worry!

Yes, Kaspersky Free is real-time protection! Kaspersky Free is a limited free version of Kaspersky. Using the free version of the application gives you high-quality protection supplemented by advanced features and a user interface fully reworked for ease of use. 

IF (you) look at the Kaspersky Free GUI, there are little crown icons against various options that are *not* available in the Free version. 

The Kaspersky Free subscription is renewed without (your) intervention.

Any issues or concerns please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

Kaspersky Free Online Help

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling😔
  • Like 2