Kaspersky Cloud free 21.1.15.500 blocking Yahoo and Youtube pages in Chrome, Windows 10.

alex10853

Windows 10 Home edition

just downloaded Cloud free 21.1.15.500

Chrome Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yahoo front page won’t download and so is You tube. (haven’t checked other sites yet)

tried to clear cache, self-defense disabled. still doesn’t work.

removed Kaspersky extension from Chrome as well

pages only loaded with AV paused

any thoughts?

thanks in advance!

mod: edit version of the product.

@Flood and Flood's wife, there should be no problems in Google Chrome.

@alex10853, provide GSI report, please.

i downloaded the app and generated GCI file. where do i send it to?

( don’t want to post it here since it might contain sensitive info i guess).

also even this very page i had to reload a few times because “Reply / Ответить” link was not clickable even with Security Cloud and selfdefence disabled.

thanks

GSI, where do i send it to? ( don’t want to post it here since it might contain sensitive info i guess).

also even this very page i had to reload a few times because “Reply / Ответить” link was not clickable even with Security Cloud and self defence disabled.

Hello @alex10853 ,

Regarding posting the GSI & “sensitive info”, the following is advice provides by @Rodion Nagornov:

quote: 

"Community portal is a public resource where one Kaspersky users are trying to help other ones. In order they have an ability to investigate the issue they should have a full picture of your situation, because the majority of problems are caused by system conditions and third-party software installed. GSI log contains only your system information and does not include your files, docs, pictures, passwords and so on. If you don't want to post your logs here you can contact to the official Kaspersky technical support via private services:
for B2C: my.kaspersky.com
for B2B: companyaccount.kaspersky.com"
In other words: we, on the Community, are not responsible for user's choice to complain here in public instead of using private official support channels. We have not a goal to keep a user here and solve the problem here. So"
* if a user want to simply complain "louder" by public way, asking of GSI is a good way to define it.
* if a user want to really solve his problem, asking of GSI is a good way to share the full situation for a maximum of helpers and get rid of the problem more quickly.
* if a user want to really solve his problem AND make in "louder", we have a goal to SOLVE the problem and we have not a goal to help him to make some more negative noize. So we still need his GSI because of my previous point.
* If a user, really or not, afraid of posting GSI, we still have a goal to SOLVE his problem. But we cannot do this here because of lack of the information. So the only way to SOLVE his problem is directing him to private support channels.

unquote

• As you have Kaspersky Security Cloud free, there is no access to Kaspersky Technical Support, you may post the GSI & Windows Logs to the GSI Parser or wait for a moderator to invite you to send the data to them via PM. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

GSI, where do i send it to? ( don’t want to post it here since it might contain sensitive info i guess).

also even this very page i had to reload a few times because “Reply / Ответить” link was not clickable even with Security Cloud and self defence disabled.

Hello @alex10853 ,

Regarding posting the GSI & “sensitive info”, the following is advice provides by @Rodion Nagornov:

quote: 

"Community portal is a public resource where one Kaspersky users are trying to help other ones. In order they have an ability to investigate the issue they should have a full picture of your situation, because the majority of problems are caused by system conditions and third-party software installed. GSI log contains only your system information and does not include your files, docs, pictures, passwords and so on. If you don't want to post your logs here you can contact to the official Kaspersky technical support via private services:
for B2C: my.kaspersky.com
for B2B: companyaccount.kaspersky.com"
In other words: we, on the Community, are not responsible for user's choice to complain here in public instead of using private official support channels. We have not a goal to keep a user here and solve the problem here. So"
* if a user want to simply complain "louder" by public way, asking of GSI is a good way to define it.
* if a user want to really solve his problem, asking of GSI is a good way to share the full situation for a maximum of helpers and get rid of the problem more quickly.
* if a user want to really solve his problem AND make in "louder", we have a goal to SOLVE the problem and we have not a goal to help him to make some more negative noize. So we still need his GSI because of my previous point.
* If a user, really or not, afraid of posting GSI, we still have a goal to SOLVE his problem. But we cannot do this here because of lack of the information. So the only way to SOLVE his problem is directing him to private support channels.

unquote

• As you have Kaspersky Security Cloud free, there is no access to Kaspersky Technical Support, you may post the GSI & Windows Logs to the GSI Parser or wait for a moderator to invite you to send the data to them via PM. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

thanks, i uploaded the report to GSI Parser. FYI i have paid Kaspersky version  installed on my desktop and laptop as well and don’t have issues there.

And this free version i just installed on mini PC to watch TV . not really concerned here. i guess for now i’ll  disable it and use Windows Defender till the issue is resolved.

thanks!

Hello @alex10853 ,

1. What is Kaspersky Cloud free 31.1.15.500?
  2. If you have a Kaspersky software license, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, explain to them you have a license for Kaspersky Cloud paid version, but, the issue is with the Kaspersky Cloud free version, they should help, if they don’t please report back here, include the INC# number, fill in the template as in our image, include the GSI & Windows Logs, images, video, detailed history, Support may request Traces, they will guide you if necessary:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @alex10853 ,

1. What is Kaspersky Cloud free 31.1.15.500?
  2. If you have a Kaspersky software license, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, explain to them you have a license for Kaspersky Cloud paid version, but, the issue is with the Kaspersky Cloud free version, they should help, if they don’t please report back here, include the INC# number, fill in the template as in our image, include the GSI & Windows Logs, images, video, detailed history, Support may request Traces, they will guide you if necessary:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

thanks, i ended up un-installing Free Cloud. even with all features disabled i’m still having problems opening pages.

this page wouldn’t load correctly (reply link was not clockable).re-loaded a few times, deleting cache didn’t help.

and only after un-installing Kaspersky completely i’m able to type this answer.

too much hustle!

keeping paid version on my laptop and other desktop since it doesn’t seem to cause problems. at least for now.

really disappointed in “Free Cloud”

• 3 weeks later...

I daily-drive Firefox but recent KSC updates have made it almost unusable. Chrome browsing experience suffered as well - for example as of last update any text entry on the Youtube page, be it comments or even search bar, lag terribly, with 2 second key delay on a powerful modern system.