Kaspersky blocking website - can't disable such feature

I’m trying to access thepiratebay.org but Kaspersky blocking it. I get the following message: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

I’ve tried going to settings → Web Anti-virus → Advanced and adding both an exclusing and a the URL as trustworthy, but it didn’t change anything.

I really like Kaspersky, but it’s far from user friendly, sadly. I’d prefer an antivirus to help me decide what I want to block, not to decide for me...

I’m trying to access thepiratebay.org but Kaspersky blocking it. I get the following message: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

Hello @fsm1987

Welcome back!

1. Does “ DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” happen in every browser: Chrome, Edge Chromium, Firefox? 
  2. Are there any thepiratebay.org events in KIS Reports → “yes” → provide the information requested by @Danila T. in his tutorial Read before you create a new topic! & the KIS Report please? 
  • “no”; do the following:
  1. Shutdown the computer.
  2. Reboot the router.
  3. Power on computer, login.
  4. Power on router - recheck? Issue persists, continue with steps as follows:
  5. Reset browsers to default.
  6. Flush DNS Cache.
  7. Release and Renew IP Address.
  8. Change DNS Servers.
  9. Restart DNS Client Service.
  10. Check Local Hosts File.
  11. Reset Chrome Flags.
  12. Reset KIS to default.
  13. Disable VPN or Antivirus & retest?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @fsm1987

Welcome back!

1. Does “ DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” happen in every browser: Chrome, Edge Chromium, Firefox?  Yes, after disabling one by one every module of Kaspersky and adding tons of exceptions whenever I could to thepiratebay.org, I’ve managed to access it. For some unknown reason, only in normal mode (not incognito mode). Happened to my mobile + laptop + my desktop after installing Kaspersky. Doesn’t happen to my computers running Norton (2 laptops + 1 desktop). I’ve tried it on a different city, with a different ISP as well. Same issues.
  2. Are there any thepiratebay.org events in KIS Reports → “yes” → provide the information requested by @Danila T. in his tutorial Read before you create a new topic! & the KIS Report please?  No, but I had a hard time looking for that as well - apparently, there is no option that holds all logs nor an option to just search all logs for some specficic word (“pirate”, por instance).
  • “no”; do the following:
  1. Shutdown the computer. Done
  2. Reboot the router. Done
  3. Power on computer, login. Done
  4. Power on router - recheck? Issue persists, continue with steps as follows: Done
  5. Reset browsers to default. Done
  6. Flush DNS Cache. Done
  7. Release and Renew IP Address. Done (actually, happens every day and its been happening since I’ve installed Kaspersky)
  8. Change DNS Servers. Done - also 
  9. Restart DNS Client Service. I don’t know how to do it, but I can do it if you can guide me on that - but since it’s happening on my mobile after installing Kaspersky, maybe it’s not needed
  10. Check Local Hosts File. Same as above
  11. Reset Chrome Flags. Done
  12. Reset KIS to default. I’ve tried a clean format + install, same issue 
  13. Disable VPN or Antivirus & retest? This is my main issue, perhaps. It would be really easy to identify whether disabling Kaspersky would fix this issue, but the only way I can disable Kaspersky is by disabling one by one all of its modules (14 modules, each one demanding 1 click to open, 1 click to disable, one click to save, 1 click to confirm… please teach me a way to disable all at the same time and I’ll be way happier with my new antivirus...)

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky blocking it. I get the following message: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

Is this message a Kaspersky notification 🤔 , can you please provide a screenshot.

This notification appears on Chrome for Windows and for Android, after installing Kaspersky on my devices (1 desktop + 2 laptops + 1 mobile). It stopped happening on my laptop in normal mode (not-incognito) after doing all sorts of disabling/exclusions/tears/suffering. Now it randomly works on incognito and always runs out of this mode.

I also had an issue while trying to open some .exe Kaspersky finds dangerous. Even after adding all exclusions I could it still blocks some executables and, eventually, you get only 2 options, something like:

• disinfect + restart 
  • try to disinfect without restarting

What I feel the most while using Kaspersky is the feeling I’m not free to decide what I want to be exposed to or not. The software seems to decide for me and there is nothing I can’t do - not every time, but a lot of times.

@fsm1987

I think that you are encountering a DNS issue, if however you suspect Kaspersky please contact Kaspersky Technical Support:

https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new 

I’m sure it isn’t a DNS issue. I’m trying to open the same website on 3 laptops, 1 desktop and 4 different mobiles about now (iphone, s8, s9 and s10). Only the ones running Kaspersky can reproduce this issue. After removing Kaspersky everything works perfecly again.

Hello @fsm1987

Are there any thepiratebay.org events in KIS Reports?

No, but I had a hard time looking for that as well - apparently, there is no option that holds all logs nor an option to just search all logs for some specific word (“pirate”, for instance).

Hello @fsm1987

Thank you for replying👌

The Search field, in all sections of Kaspersky Reports, is quite handy:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋