Kaspersky AV does not remember my choice regarding vEthernet network device, asks again every time. [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Fluff

Hello! I am trying out Kaspersky demo, to switch from my current AV. I mostly like what I see. It took some time to make it get along with Revo Uninstaller and with WSL, but I did it. However, one problem persists.

Problem

I use Win 10 Pro and I use Hyper-V virtual machines a lot. Hyper-V creates virtual ethernet card, called “vEthernet(Default switch)”. Kaspersky, for some reason, does not keep track of my choice for this card, and shows “New network found” question all the time. “All the time means”: on every reboot, every time I start virtual machine in Hyper-V, every time I start Windows Sandbox, every time I connect Bluetooth mouse for some reason, and sometimes without any cause. What’s worse, it blocks this card, and all Internet on the computer, until I click “Trusted”, which causes a cascade of failures and complaints from other apps.

What I tried to do

In Firewall settings → Networks I have set everything to Trusted, both cards and groups. (see below). However, every time Kaspersky asks me again, whole group settings are reset to default.

I tried adding every executable related to Hyper-V (See below again) to exceptions. Neither helped.

This machine is stationary, located on a secure network, so I am completely OK with disabling the monitoring of all network cards and networks. But I need the application firewall, so I don’t agree to turn it off. 

I need to sort it out before commiting to this antivirus, and only 15 days left on demo. Please advice.

Cards

Groups
Exclusions

Hello  @Barafu Albino Cheetah,

Welcome!

As you’re using Kaspersky Premium Trial software, before the Premium license expires, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, please provide them with a detailed history, images, a GSI & Windows Logs, the support team may ask for traces, captured as the issue is replicated, they will guide you with the collection of the traces. 

Also, before logging the case please check:

Kaspersky Internet Security 20 System Requirements

List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20

Thank you

Yes, NAT. And I did not set it. It is not configurable, it just exists.

If by “ lock the IP” you mean set the static IPv4 address in the options of virtual adapter, then, I am afraid, it is set so by default. And it does not preserve these options: every reboot the settings are reset to defaults with new random static address. Hyper-V is not known for configurability, you know.

May be you confused it with Docker, it has some options regarding cards. I don’t use Docker now. Damn, I guess I should test it too in case I need it in the future.

Yes, NAT. And I did not set it. It is not configurable, it just exists.

If by “ lock the IP” you mean set the static IPv4 address in the options of virtual adapter, then, I am afraid, it is set so by default. And it does not preserve these options: every reboot the settings are reset to defaults with new random static address. Hyper-V is not known for configurability, you know.

May be you confused it with Docker, it has some options regarding cards. I don’t use Docker now. Damn, I guess I should test it too in case I need it in the future.

Hello,

Why not use bridge for your Hyper-V network instead of NAT?I don‘t know Hyper-V, But there is a setting for network in vmware client named “Network  Preference”. You can config and lock ip address for virtual PC network in it.  Did Hyper-V also have a client and have a network settings place?

Regards.

1. I can. But it does not make the default virtual card to disappear. It still stays and still changes address, and still confuses KAV, making it to mither me. There is no way to delete it, because…
  2. Other applications of Hyper-V, besides virtual machines, such as Windows Sandbox, Secure Browser, WSLv2, and others, can ONLY use the default configuration of card, there is no way to tell them to use another switch.

1. I can. But it does not make the default virtual card to disappear. It still stays and still changes address, and still confuses KAV, making it to mither me. There is no way to delete it, because…
  2. Other applications of Hyper-V, besides virtual machines, such as Windows Sandbox, Secure Browser, WSLv2, and others, can ONLY use the default configuration of card, there is no way to tell them to use another switch.

Yes, I know, I don’t think default virtual card will disappear if you change the network setting, My idea is ‘Is there have a solution that you can lock the ip address for virtual pc card or it could use bridge network’. Try to change your virtual pc network to bridge network and copy your local machine ip address. Any better after that?

I think this video could help you:

Link

BTW, Does anyone here also use Hyper-V ? Have you encountered the same problem?

I will try tomorrow, because all my WMs right now are Linux. But I doubt it will do anything. Kaspersky causes ruckus right after reboot (making network drives not to connect, that is the worst part of it actually). And I do not use autostart VMs.

Does anyone here also use Hyper-V ?

I wonder that too. This is the default configuration of Win 10 Pro, did nobody test it or what is different on my machine?

Thank you for the help, really. But this video is old, and it works differently now. (since vers.1809)

@Barafu Albino Cheetah

You have access to Kaspersky Technical Support experts, please consult them before the premium trial license expires, and, please share their solution with the Community.

Thank you.