Kaspersky and lghub_updater.exe

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi,

Turned on my gaming pc about 1 hour ago and boots up normally. Software loads and they check for updates. LG G Hub updates itself and then Kasperky goes a little nuts.

Is this just a case of Kaspersky being over zealous. It there anything else I can do to check apart from running full scans in both Kaspersky and Windows Security?

Many thanks

@David13   @AntiVirusMan  @r34gan 

Welcome.

Please submit your issue to  Kaspersky Virus Lab as follows :

• → https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts
  • → Contact us →    Product help    → Select E-mail → Contact Support
  • Form → Request Type ? → Select "Malware"
  • Form → Request Topic ? → Select "False positive"
  • → Contact Support

Welcome.

Hi Berny - those options are just not avalaible. I have to option to speak to an AI, chat or call an expert following your link there is no opion to email.

@David13   @AntiVirusMan  @r34gan 

Welcome.

• → https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts
  • → Contact us →    Product help    → Select E-mail → Contact Support
  • Form → Request Type ? → Select "Malware"
  • Form → Request Topic ? → Select "False positive"
  • → Contact Support

I guess the point is that we do not know of this is a false positive, right? So it might make sense to first check if others have the problem as well…

Same here! Kaspersky just locked my whole PC and I get the same quarantine entries. I needed a hard reset and boot the system again. Curios, that's the first time I get this behavior. All other updates in the past worked fine. 

I stopped Kaspersky and did a new installation of LGHUB. Then I made an exception entry for the updater and the LGHUB program. Currently, everything works fine.

Same here! Kaspersky just locked my whole PC and I get the same quarantine entries. I needed a hard reset and boot the system again. Curios, that's the first time I get this behavior. All other updates in the past worked fine. 

I stopped Kaspersky and did a new installation of LGHUB. Then I made an exception entry for the updater and the LGHUB program. Currently, everything works fine.

The exact same thing, and I, too, needed to hard reset. For me, uninstalling and reinstalling LGHUB worked just file.

The detection is classified as “PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic”. The “PDM” prefix stands for “Proactive Defense Module”. See definition here:

https://encyclopedia.kaspersky.com/knowledge/heuristic-and-proactive-detections/

This tells us two things:

1. This is not a signature-based detection (as in not something that’s positively classified as malware on the AntiVirus database);
2. For some reason, the Kaspersky software didn’t like something that the LGHUB updater program was doing.