Kasp Protection extension greyed out in chromium edge

SAJFLADD

Hi

Using KTS [vs 20...1805(i)], the kasp protection extension stays greyed out in chromium edge (vs 81.0.416.53), so is there anything I can try before running the GSI  tool, etc? In settings, run protected browser when Microsoft Edge is running, is selected.

Thanks

Hello @SAJFLADD,

Welcome back!

Patch J was released on the 6/4/2020, Edge Chromium support is available in patch J not I.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi😀

This is an interesting issue, that kaspersky may want to rectify. 

What had happened was that I had patch (i). Today, KTS updater ran and downloaded approx 13MB of update. Not knowing anything about the kasp protection extension coming out in patch (j) (as you’ve noted above), I just opened chromium edge and to my surprise, saw the protection extension was there but greyed out. Therefore, I posted my question. Since then, however, I rebooted my PC and now find that the extension is functional/green; so success. 

The point is, therefore, that had I not rebooted my PC (which was for an unrelated reason), the extension would have remained non-functional - note that not every KTS user may be bothered to try to get it functional, so may not search for how to get it working such as by rebooting (which in my case was an unrelated fluke). Therefore, a simple solution would be for the update to show a button that requires a restart.

Cheers.

S

Hello @SAJFLADD,

We’re glad the issue is resolved👍

• Regarding the patch, we happen to agree with you, it makes no sense/it follows no logic (that we can think of) to “silently” distribute a patch & not let the Kaspersky Customers know, at the time or within 24hrs; the functionality exists, however, there’s a catch, if a computer is not rebooted in 7days, 168hrs, after a patch has “silently” arrived, then the application shows:

• On the Taskbar, the Kaspersky icon turns red

• & the MyKaspersky account shows:

MyKaspersky account - Notifcation centre

MyKaspersky account, Devices Tab

• As you quite rightly point out, you may have been plagued by a non-functional feature and struggled to understand why, or waste precious time, try to troubleshoot/fix, all easily avoided, if you only knew….🤔

Simple isn’t it? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳