Jump.Eudora.Com, My email program seems to be set to occasionally attempt to connect to an old, dead, website address...

My email program seems to be set to occasionally attempt to connect to an old, dead, website address... jump.eudora.com --- The domain name was bought by some one who seems to be using it for data mining without the email users consent. How do I block this from connection attempts? It pops up in my Kaspersky alerts on 1st use of the day, and then I click disconnect. I tried adding to the firewall block list but it persists. whois eudora.com Name: Vinh Quach Organization: Computer History Museum Street: 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd City: Mountain View State: CA Postal Code: 94043 Country: US Phone: +1.6508101010 Email: @computerhistory.org

My email program seems to be set to occasionally attempt to connect to an old, dead, website address... jump.eudora The domain name was bought by some one who seems to be using it for data mining without the email users consent.. How do I block this from connection attempts? It pops up in my Kaspersky alerts on 1st use of the day, and then I click disconnect. I tried adding to the firewall block list but it persists.
Hello mr.bigglesworth, Welcome!
  1. What email program is being used?
  2. Do you access mail via an app or browser?
  3. Please go to KTS REPORTS, find the jump events, Export the report, save as a .txt file and upload using the Upload icon in your reply?
  1. It's important to find out why the email pgm redirects to a suspicious site, blocking it is allowing the "issue" to remain.
Please post back? Thank you

Eudora is the mail program. it has been unsupported for 10 years or so. it wants to check for updates every 90 days and is why it goes to that address. there is no setting in it to stop this.
Hello mr.bigglesworth, Thanks for posting back. Change Eudora so it doesn't "request" updates Please let me know how you go? Thank you:pray_tone3:

i am using version 7.1.0.9 for windows. what your screenshots are from is far older. i cannot find a download site that has the same exe available... the few sites i just tried have apparently added a few things to their exe file. again, there are no settings in my version to say y/n to checking for updates.

i am using version 7.1.0.9 for windows. your screenshot is far older. i cannot find a download site that has the same exe available. the few sites i just tried have apparently added a few things to their exe file. I am trying to get a setting in Kaspersky to block the connection and not keep asking if it should.
Hello mr.bigglesworth, I understand the objective.
  1. Please provide me with the sites that have "things" added to the .exes so I can check?2
  2. Open KTS, select More Tools, in Tools window select Reports, in Reports window, select Detailed Reports, select the time-frame the ALERTS have happened, for example, if the issue happened 5 days ago, select 7 days, if they happened 15 days ago, select 30days, leave All Events as the default, select Export, save the Report as a .txt file, upload using the Upload icon in your reply?
  3. The report will help us work out the best solution.
Thank you.

Hello mr.bigglesworth, (imo) there is no "phishing" issue. I installed 7.1.0.9, added a deny exclusion for (eudora) update.exe & moved all *update* objects to folder eudora-upd-old. There's also a solution Eudora new version popup, I haven't tried, no idea if it works. If you have licensed KTS you may prefer to ask Kaspersky Technical Support for assistance. The Technical Team may request Traces, GSI & Windows Logs, Reports & images Thank you. Controlling application activity on the computer and on the network How to get technical support How to get Kaspersky Total Security trace files and send them to technical support

• 4 weeks later...