iTunes update - wrong KIS message [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

A few days ago I was notified by KIS that there was an important update for iTunes. I duly downloaded it and then checked with iTunes that I now had the up-to-date version. It confirmed this.

Today it gave me a warning that the same update needed to be downloaded. I duly complied thinking that might cure the “glitch” However it said update failed which makes a strange kind of sense as there is in fact no update to be loaded. However the warning will not go away. I even logged out and rebooted but this made no difference

Is there any way to remove this particular warning. Obviously I do not want to use the option of skipping all updates

I am on KIS  20.0.14. 1085(i) and use Windows 7 Home Premium  

Thanks

mikethebike 

Hello @mikethebike

Welcome back!

1. Open KIS application, General window, select Export settings. Save the current application settings to a file in CFG format.
  2. Select Restore settings to run the Application Settings Restore Wizard.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Recheck the update for iTunes issue?
  5. If resolved, import the KIS configuration file. 

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳

Thanks for the welcome back and the answer, Flood. Just before checking here for any answers I was able to download the update from iTunes “tools” setting and was then able to return to the KIS warning and under Show was able to choose “skip this update”. The warning has disappeared and I have checked iTunes to ensure that I have latest version

However In case your steps are ever needed again can you expand on your 4 stages I am a complete beginner when it comes to these matter so can you say where and how I open the KIS application, General Window and how I save the current application to a file in CFG format? 

Finally what might have caused KIS not to recognise that its download had worked OK as I assume it had worked since it did what it was supposed to, namely change me from a previous version to the current one 

Thanks 

mikethebike

• Solution

Hello @mikethebike,

You’re very welcome☺ !

Open KIS application: on Windows Taskbar, rightclick the KIS icon, select Settings, this will open the Settings - General window, at the bottom of the window, select Manage Settings, select Export settings - to save the current KIS configuration file, select Restore settings - to restore KIS to the configuration as designed by Kaspersky, when the problem has been resolved, select Import settings - to import the original configuration. 

See video, note the app is KTS, for KIS the steps are exactly the same: 

https://youtu.be/lSGTMYJHGHw

NB: if Import settings is not selected, it’s necessary to recheck all KIS settings, to ensure everything is set/enabled as you wish. 

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳