Issue with accessing YouTube settings

MrXeno
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Apologies in advance if this issue has already been asked about before here, but I've been looking around online for fixes to this and all I've found were topics with other people who've experienced the same thing up to a year back, but no solutions.

A while back, I suddenly found myself unable to access various settings and features on YouTube while on my desktop PC - including things such as the settings menu when you click on your profile icon on the top-right, age-restricted videos, and even being able to comment. I could still do all these things on my phone though, as well as when I tried logging in to YouTube using Microsoft Edge, so I assumed it was an issue with my Firefox browser.

When I brought it up on the Firefox subreddit, they suggested that I disable the “Inject scripts into web traffic to interact with web pages” setting in Kaspersky’s Network menu, but they also noted that it would prevent Kaspersky’s network protections from working properly. I tried that and it worked: I can access YouTube properly again, but now I’m concerned that Kaspersky won’t be working as well as before while I browse. Another suggestion I was given was to update my copy of Kaspersky to the latest version; they provided a link to this website, but all I saw was the latest version of Kaspersky Total Security - I’m currently using Kaspersky Internet Security, and have no plans to upgrade anytime soon as my PC is home-use.

With all that said, what steps can I take to restore my copy of Kaspersky’s full network protection while retaining proper use of YouTube’s features?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

• Solution

Hello @MrXeno

Welcome!

1. The topic has been raised before, however, no apologies are necessary, it’s not up to you to rifle thru dozens of Community topics to try & find a solution. 
  2. Correct, KIS/Firefox/Youtube issue is known, it was supposed to be fixed by KIS v21.2.16.590(b)
  3. Inject scripts into web traffic to interact with web pages” is not a solution, it’s been proposed, on many occasions, as a test only → you’re correct in saying: with “Inject scripts into web traffic to interact with web pages” unchecked, various KIS functions are unavailable → not a desired outcome!
  4. You don’t need to “upgrade” to KTS, however, please confirm KIS v21.2.16.590 & patch(b) is installed → on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I checked my Kaspersky copy’s About window and yeah, it turns out that my copy was indeed not updated to the most recent version. The person I was speaking to about this on the Firefox subreddit was able to give me a link to the Internet Security download page and I was able to get the update and install it; everything works as intended now.

Thanks again for your help! ☺