Is safe keyboard a bug for user? When I opened the safe keyboard option. My keyboard would be disable for input when I am not opening any of the bank or password required software.

When I opened the safe keyboard option. My keyboard would be disable for input when I am not opening any of the bank or password required software. Many users will just disable this option to avoid this situation. However. this should be a feature of Kaspersky instead of a bug. Is there any option/release-post I missed for this issue?

• 1 month later...

Hello @Tom Wong

Welcome!

Read before you create a new topic!

Unfortunately, Kaspersky’s On-screen/virtual keyboard cannot be disabled, there’s no option available in the software to disable the OSKB. 

According to Kaspersky experts, Kaspersky technical support agent & Kaspersky technical support Supervisor, this is as per by design. 

If when (you) open Kaspersky’s On-screen/virtual keyboard, the laptop/PC physical keyboard is disabled for input, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template; support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

➡ Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

About On-Screen Keyboard

On-Screen Keyboard

About protection of personal data on the Internet

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure “Kaspersky’s On-screen/virtual keyboard cannot be disabled”?

Hello @Wesly.Zhang

100%. 

We raised an incident, the TS agent said it cannot be disabled, the TS Supervisor said it cannot be disabled, they also sent it to HQ, the HQ experts said it cannot be disabled. 

HQ response in total was:

On-screen keyboard is not a component that can be disabled, it is additional feature that customer can launch (or not) via hotkey combination.

Hotkey combination can be disable opening on-screen keyboard feature in Settings - Additional - uncheck option "Open On-Screen keyboard by typing CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+P".

end quote

Unchecking the hotkey sequence does not disable On-screen/virtual keyboard. 

Why? Because it’s impossible to do so. 

There is no disable On-screen/virtual keyboard option in any of Kaspersky’s home AV. 

1. Have you found a way to disable On-screen/virtual keyboard, (apart from a registry hack) @Wesly.Zhang ? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife 

Perhaps our understanding of the external manifestations of "closing this function" is different. I think that this feature can be disabled for the websites by setting exclusions url . So websites that have this feature disabled actually have this feature turned off.

https://support.kaspersky.com/KTS/21.3/en-US/90458.htm

Regards.

When I opened the safe keyboard option. My keyboard would be disable for input when I am not opening any of the bank or password required software. Many users will just disable this option to avoid this situation. However. this should be a feature of Kaspersky instead of a bug. Is there any option/release-post I missed for this issue?

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife 

Perhaps our understanding of the external manifestations of "closing this function" is different. I think that this feature can be disabled for the websites by setting exclusions url . So websites that have this feature disabled actually have this feature turned off.

Hello @Wesly.Zhang

Thanks for elaborating on your earlier question & current understanding. 

Our understanding of the issue, as defined by @Tom Wong, is not resolved with the solution you propose. 

Perhaps @Tom Wong, will post back & share his thoughts? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife 

Hello @Wesly.Zhang

Thanks for elaborating on your earlier question & current understanding. 

Our understanding of the issue, as defined by @Tom Wong, is not resolved with the solution you propose. 

Perhaps @Tom Wong, will post back & share his thoughts? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello, @Flood and Flood's wife 

As a temporary workaround, As a test, I share an ideal here. it need remove klmouflt and klkbdflt item. This will reduce security level for keylogger protection. But at least it can solve the problem of losing response to the keyboard.

in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters

But, Please notice : do not delete  UpperFilters key, only edit its value. if keyboard and mouse lost response after do that, Please reboot PC forcefully.

and reboot the PC. @Tom Wong you can try it and reply the result.

Regards.