Is it recommended to disable Core Isolation features just for Hardware Virtualization in Kaspersky?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I am aware that hardware virtualization in Kaspersky isn't compartible with windows' hypervisor, only one hypervisor can be active at a time. I've done my research and came into a realization that Windows 11's hypervisor is needed for some Windows security virtualization features (Core Isolation).

In Kaspersky's documentation, https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/safemoney/13713
I've found that protection through hardware virtualization is only used by Protected Browser, if that is the case, I am just not sure if it is a good enough tradeoff to enable virtualization in Kaspersky while disabling those windows security features.

I've seen this question being brought up many times on other topics but the answer to it is all over the place and never adressed directly.

What is the opinion of Kaspersky's Security experts on the matter? Is disabling Core Isolation recommended for somebody who doesn't even use the Protected Browser? Why?

• Solution
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, See said:

Is disabling Core Isolation recommended for somebody who doesn't even use the Protected Browser? Why?

Hello @See

Welcome!

It's *personal choice*.

IF Kaspersky's Protected browser is not used it'd be foolish not to use Core Isolation. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar
  • Like 2