Is it possible for a quick scan to start automatically

bobo222

I just received a notification that a quick scan has found no threats while I was playing a game. I didn’t start it and I'm not sure if a quick scan can start itself automatically. Any clue why?

Edit: Now it says it was done one hour ago when I really did a quick scan

Hello @bobo222

Welcome back!

Yes!

1. How is the Quick scan configured? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

The scan from 1:27 is started by me. However, around 2:30pm - 3:00pm i received another notification that a quick scan just concluded.

Hello @bobo222

Thank you for posting back & the information.

1. Regarding the “2:30pm - 3:00pm notification”, where was that seen → post a full screen image of that notification please? 
  2. Which KSC version & patch(x) x=letter, is installed → On the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Is KSC Premium or Free? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

If you are referring to the message icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, yes, i did. 

Hello @bobo222

Thank you for posting back & the information.

Without analysing logs/traces it’s not possible to know what’s happened, however, analysing data cannot be done via the Community & Kaspersky Trial software has no technical support. 

You may wish to export KSC Settings, restore KSC settings to default, shutdown the machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KSC is running & monitor the issue, if it repeats collect the images when it’s happening & update your topic please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋