Is it normal on the first time creating GSI report to take long hours to send a report?

Psiu47
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I’m trying to send this report to a bug created by some update in the past months using Kaspesky Internet Security 20.0 but I am already in the past 2 hours waiting for this green bar to ‘’transfer in progress’’.

How long does it take to complete? The file is not even heavy is just 10 mb. 

Hello @Psiu47,

Welcome again!

If you’ve created an incident request via the MyKaspersky account, upload the GSI & Windows Logs zip folder to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link, add the share link to the Incident & advise the Kaspersky Technical Support Team the GSI & Windows Logs data has been made available.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I have given up because the tranfer progression would not complete and now I didn’t know about this information you gave just now.

I have deleted my report zip and I have 5 gb of a folder called AppData\Local\Temp\uel2qdve.knk using 5 gb of my space how is this possible? How I can erase this folder. All it have inside is GetSystemInfo stuff but using 5 gb of space is too much.

Looks like the process made by GetSystemInfo 6.2 was still active called Kaspersky Anti virus Command Line and upon restart I could erase normally that folder restoring back to 226 gb of free space.

Thank you for quickly visiting this forum because I am very frustrated what I had spend in the last 4 hours waiting to send this report that I have at the end given up.

Hello @Psiu47,

Welcome again!

If you’ve created an incident request via the MyKaspersky account, upload the GSI & Windows Logs zip folder to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link, add the share link to the Incident & advise the Kaspersky Technical Support Team the GSI & Windows Logs data has been made available.

About that since I have deleted the zip file because of my lack of thinking straight is there any other way using word by word and maybe sending Windows dxdialog or any other fast tool that collect data and hardware specification so I can somehow report such issue I have been facing for months.

Through GSI web page is impossible to go through if even when transfer progression was not being completed after waiting long hours and because sign up feature was not working. The function button to accept their politic and terms was being blocked. 

Hello @Psiu47,

You’re welcome☺ !

We do understand how frustrating these problems can be. 

• If a data collection process gets stuck like that, kill it & start again; nothing will break killing a collector. 
  • Also, run the GSI exe (make sure you also tick Windows Logs), the GSI tool should only take between 10 to 20 minutes to run from start to finish.
  • Then upload the zip to cloud & share the link with the Kaspersky Technical Team via your Incident request. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

But as I said before through GSI page I still need to sign up how can I still send my report if ‘accept the term’ upon entering a new login I am being blocked of doing? Part of the subscription* or make a new account, the button to accept and finish the sign up isn’t working. And I have tested this on my mobile too. Is showing this denied sign ‘’?’’

Can Kaspersky support center read complaints, bug reports and stuff alike?

• Solution

Hello @Psiu47,

⛔ Don’t use the GSI page⛔  

• Download the Get System Info tool, run the exe, accept the privacy statement & tick to include Windows Logs. 
  • The process will run for 10 to 20 minutes, at the completion there will be a GSI zip folder on your desktop, upload that folder to cloud, share the link with the Kaspersky Technical Team via your Incident request. 
  • Re “Can Kaspersky support center read complaints, bug reports and stuff alike?”, if by “Kaspersky support center” you’re referring to Kaspersky Technical Support - yes; if you’re referring to the Kaspersky Online Chat Team, they will accept the data & send it to the Kaspersky Technical Support team to analyse. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

But as I said before through GSI page I still need to sign up how can I still send my report if ‘accept the term’ upon entering a new login I am being blocked of doing? Part of the subscription* or make a new account, the button to accept and finish the sign up isn’t working. And I have tested this on my mobile too. Is showing this denied sign ‘’🚫’’

GetSystemInfo should still allow you to upload and review a report without signing up. I do it all the time. Then you can share the link to the report if needed.

I was having trouble with GSI uploading using KIS 2021. It would finish transferring just fine if I temporarily disabled Anti-Banner AND Web Anti-Virus, OR disabled scanning of encrypted connections, and then shut down the pc completely and cold boot (not just restart). Give that a shot.