Internet Security interrupts game play [Closed]

Finn.t
Go to solution Solved by Friend,

Internet Security throws me out of full view of some games during updates and rootkit scans.

I tried to avoid this by putting said games to exceptions twice, to no avail.
I also made sure the “Gaming Mode” of Kaspersky was ticked - since this is standard option, there was nothing to be done. 

I stopped root kit scans for now, but this is no long term option and no solution at all!

So if anyone has other ideas of how to make Kaspersky stop interrupting my gaming sessions I’m happy to hear it.

Welcome. Under normal conditions Kaspersky doesn’t run scans and updates under Gaming Mode.

Can you please specify which KIS version you are running.

Should be the latest version or at least 2019. Because I bought it last year.

Not all games are affected. Two so far.

Your version is up-to-date.
What you could do is reproduce this issue and check the Kaspersky reports, you can export and share the TXT report here.

Kaspersky > More Tools > Reports > Detailed Reports

If no fix from this Forum , your next option will be K-Lab Technical Support.

Your version is up-to-date.
What you could do is reproduce this issue and check the Kaspersky reports, you can export and share the TXT report here.

Kaspersky > More Tools > Reports > Detailed Reports

If no fix from this Forum , your next option will be K-Lab Technical Support.

By reproducing you mean waiting for the game to get minimised and then look in reports of Kaspersky?

Thank you, I’ll do that.

@Berny It happened again. I exported two reports, one with the stats and one with the process. The latter I think shows when I minimised the game myself one time, but the latest resumption seems to be the one that interrupted the game?
Kaspersky also updated at the same time, so maybe it’s not the rootkit scan but the update that’s interfering with my game.

I can’t add any kind of text document here, so I did a screenshot of them.

But oddly I had situations in which Kaspersky did neither of them and the game got minimised. That’s when I suspected the driver of my mouse and I stopped the process every time before gaming, but it happened anyway.

So I’m still not 100% sure if it’s really (or only) Kaspersky that’s interrupting the game session or something else… It starts to frustrate me.

Hello @Finn.t 

1. When the Report was exported was it saved as a .txt file?
  2. Are you unable to attach the Report, irrespective of browser used? 
  • Please export ALL Events Report, select 24hours or 7days, export, save as a .txt file, attach to your reply using the 📎 paperclip icon please?
  • IF, for some reason, it’s still not possible to attach the exported ALL Events Report, upload to cloud & post the link please? 
  • IF it’s possible, may we have a video of the game being interrupted issue please? 
  • Have you added exclusions for the games? 

Please post back?
Thank you🙏

Hello @Finn.t 

When the Report was exported was it saved as a .txt file? 

• Please export ALL Events Report, select 24hours or 7days, export, save as a .txt file, attach to your reply using the 📎 paperclip icon please?
  • IF, for some reason, it’s still not possible to attach the exported ALL Events Report, upload to cloud & post the link please? 

Please post back?
Thank you🙏

Yes, I did export .txt but I realised I had the wrong settings to browse for files. . .

Hello @Finn.t,

Thank you👌

May I double check please:

1. Is the exported report - ALL Events? If “yes” may I have the 7day report please?
  2. KIS? is Gaming Mode set?
  3. May we know the names of the games?
  4. Are the 2 impacted games from the same site? 
  5. Have you added any exclusions ?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

@Finn.t It looks like your report doesn’t display a game interruption.

Also please see this K-Lab article : https://support.kaspersky.com/13714 

Under Gaming Mode which you activated as indicated in your original thread, 

Kaspersky should not run scans and updates.

If this problem is persisting please contact K-Lab Technical Support https://my.kaspersky.com/de 

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Hello @Finn.t,

Thank you👌

May I double check please:

1. Is the exported report - ALL Events? If “yes” may I have the 7day report please?
  2. KIS? is Gaming Mode set?
  3. May we know the names of the games?
  4. Are the 2 impacted games from the same site? 
  5. Have you added any exclusions ?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

As I mentioned in my original thread I have gaming mode set (this is already default) and I did two kinds of exclusions on one game.

Tee games are Tales of Vesperia and Slime Rancher both run on Steam. But other games I play on Steam are not impacted.

May I ask why you need the 7day report, before I provide it to you? I haven’t played much last week beside from Friday.

Hello @Finn.t 
Thank you for replying.
I asked "May I double check please", bc, the report showed "11.01.2020 21.27.30   Rootkit-Suche, while not “technically” a scan, it prompted the question.  
7day All Events Report request was made to enable us to (try) to assist you. 
Exclusions question, same reason. 

Thank you.