Insufficient 'Malware' Prompt , Detected: Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.gen [moved]

I keep getting notifications that ‘Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.gen’ has been detected.  This is actually notifying me that my hosts file is modified.  I know my host file is modified (I did it myself), and I want to ignore this.

Problems with current prompts:
1.  The prompt window does not clearly specify that it is warning me about the hosts file being edited.  It at first makes me wonder if there is an executable that is modifying the hosts file.  A more clear warning would be nice.
2.  The prompt window does not give me an option to ignore/add to exclusions.
3.  When I go into the settings and manually add it to the exclusions, the prompt window stays up on my screen, until I also manually select to ignore it.  This should both be available from the prompt itself, and automatically ignore after being added to exclusions.
4.  Even after adding to exclusions and ignoring this, upon opening my browser, I am immediatelly warned that my browser is trying to access ‘malware’ (the hosts file I configured).  Once again, there is no option to ignore (already added to exclusions, so why I am being notified anyways?)

Hello @Johnnydoesit

Thank you for posting back. 

These two statements are contradictory:

2.  “The prompt window does not give me an option to ignore/add to exclusions.
3.  When I go into the settings and manually add it to the exclusions, the prompt window stays up on my screen, until I also manually select to ignore it”. 

To “bring the issues to the developers attention”, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, provide specific system & software version information, a detailed history, images & or video → if they help explain the problem & the URL/link to this Community topic; Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

These two statements are contradictory:

2.  “The prompt window does not give me an option to ignore/add to exclusions.
3.  When I go into the settings and manually add it to the exclusions, the prompt window stays up on my screen, until I also manually select to ignore it”. 

I had to go into the Kaspersky settings manually (same place I went to add the issue to exclusions, since the prompt itself did not offer either option.  Even after ignoring, I also had to add it to exclusions.

The issue in #2 is lack of options via prompt menu.  The issue in #3, is in regard to coordination between the existing prompt window and the ‘ignore’ function.

To “bring the issues to the developers attention”, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, provide specific system & software version information, a detailed history, images & or video → if they help explain the problem & the URL/link to this Community topic; Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary...

Oh, you are not a Kaspersky employee?  Do they not read these forums?  It seems like a lot of effort to go through to submit feedback, especially after already going through the effort to post here.

Oh, you are not a Kaspersky employee?  Do they not read these forums?  It seems like a lot of effort to go through to submit feedback, especially after already going through the effort to post here.

Hello @Johnnydoesit

The issue will not be attended to by the Kaspersky experts & they need to communicate with you → that will not happen via your Community topic. 

The Community is made up of users of Kaspersky software (like you), including Moderators, all volunteer their time freely, to help other Community members (like you). There's a small team of Kaspersky employees who participate in the Kaspersky Community, they’re identified by Kaspersky employee, beside their name. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋