Installing, licencing, Total Security on iPad (iPadOS)

I bought Kaspersky Total Security 2020. I tried to click the same download button as on my Mac but it did not give me an option to download the software for iOS. Only the kid protector and safe browsing are available. Can I actually use this for my iPad? Is this device covered? How do I download it and install it?

Thank you.

Hello  @kasperskyonipad,

Welcome!

There is no Kaspersky AV software for iOS, the Kaspersky Total Security “License” when used on iOS, offers:

Kaspersky Password Manager - Premium version. 

Kaspersky Safe Kids - Free version. 

Kaspersky Secure Connection-VPN - Free version.

The Kaspersky Total Security software license installs Kaspersky Internet Security AV engine on Mac & Android.

Thank you🙏

• 4 months later...

Flood, thanks for the response to the OP. This is very frustrating. I purchased Total Security with the intent to use it for PC, Android and iOS. If you look at the following link, https://usa.kaspersky.com/total-security scroll almost all the way to the bottom to the section “One License Covers All Your Devices”  It clearly states:

Protect a mix of devices Protect up to 10 of your Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices in any combination.                        

This is pretty deceptive… and I see no way to report it and complain….. So is my only option the cloud product - for more money?   Thanks for your insight.                                                                                                                                                                   

EDIT, Addendum: Flood I just read another thread you responded to on this subject a few month earlier than this one. Your dialog with Kaspersky support FLOORS me! Essentially they’re saying “tough luck, we’ll downgrade you to a lesser product and oh by the way, no refund.”    That doesn’t speak well of Kaspersky’s philosophy of customer service.  I just renewed my license a week ago, I may reconsider and cancel it and go elsewhere for my technology security needs……

Hello @far2busy,

Welcome!

• I’m not sure which topic you’re referring to, however, I’m not associated with Kaspersky in any way, if you’d be kind enough to share the link  please, I’d like to see what I said, bc, I frequently challenge Kaspersky on issues such as this🤔
  • The statement “One license covers all your devices”, is true, but, (imo) Kaspersky could do a lot better at making it very clear - the license and the software installed are two completely different things. 
  • The KTS license, installs Kaspersky Internet Security AV software on MAC & Android.
  • If Kaspersky Security Cloud license is installed it’s also necessary to install Kaspersky Internet Security as the AV protection. 
  • The additional “features” that come with Kaspersky Total Security & Kaspersky Security Cloud licenses, for example: Kaspersky Password Manager, Kaspersky Safe Kids, Kaspersky Secure Connection, (imo) are not the most important components of Kaspersky’s software range.
  • If the KTS license was purchased from a Kaspersky or Kaspersky business partner website, you certainly do have the option to complain and or request a refund, How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application, or, if you wish to, on the Support page, select your location, then select from the available options, Phone (not available all locations), Online Chat (not available all locations), or logging a request via your MyKaspersky account. 
  • Unfortunately the Community cannot help resolve the issue, however, we can provide more information or guidance if needed?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood, thanks for the prompt response. I know you are not a Kaspersky employee, the topic I was responding to was entitled “Installing Total Security on iPad”. I think this link will take you there: https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-total-security-14/installing-total-security-on-ipad-ipados-6071

I guess I am confused as to how this works regarding the license versus the software installed. Does having the KTS license entitle me to download KIS for the iPad? And do I pay more for that? (I did download the cloud product but that’s on a 30 day trial that I will not continue after the time is up.)  I agree completely that the other software products, while nice to have and make for great brochureware, are not the main reason I went with Kaspersky. I am confused by  your bullet point on having the KTS license that will install KIS on iOS. When I activated the license (purchased from Kaspersky via Amazon), there was no download option under the iOS category for KIS. As another poster mentioned in a different thread, the only products available for download under the KTS license for iOS were the password manager, secure connect, and keep the kiddos safe options.  I hope that clarifies my post. I know that this is a community and not support, but I’m guessing other people have had the same issue. The advertising is flat-out deceptive….

Hello @far2busy,

Thank you for replying, the link and the additional information👌

• The license coverage, products, operating systems, is confusing, for many people🤐 .
  • My previous reply, I made a mistake, my apologies, (I’ve just corrected), you are right, there’s no KIS for iOS, there is no Kaspersky AV product for iOS. 
  • A KTS Full license, on iOS, installs: Kaspersky Password Manager - full license/premium product, Kaspersky Safe Kids, full license/premium product, Kaspersky Secure Connection - free version, i.e. limited data, no technical support, automatically selected remote servers, advertising… a few other limitations. 
  • A KTS full license, on MAC & Android, installs: Kaspersky Internet Security - full/premium license, Kaspersky Password Manager - full license/premium product, Kaspersky Safe Kids, full license/premium product, Kaspersky Secure Connection - free version, i.e. limited data, no technical support, automatically selected remote servers, advertising… a few other limitations.
  • A Kaspersky Security Cloud full license, on iOS, installs: Kaspersky Password Manager - full license/premium product, Kaspersky Safe Kids, full license/premium product, Kaspersky Secure Connection - free version, i.e. limited data, no technical support, automatically selected remote servers, advertising… a few other limitations.
  • A Kaspersky Security Cloud full license, on MAC & Android, installs: Kaspersky Password Manager - full license/premium product, Kaspersky Safe Kids, full license/premium product, Kaspersky Secure Connection - free version, i.e. limited data, no technical support, automatically selected remote servers, advertising… a few other limitations.
  • On Android & MAC, no KIS is covered under the Kaspersky Security Cloud license, for AV protection, it’s necessary to buy a separate KIS license or use the KIS free version. 

If the above needs further clarification, please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Flood, great great info, thanks much for taking the time to lay it all out.

I purchased a 5 device KTS license on Amazon, showing that it’s sold by Kaspersky, for 2 windows laptops, an android phone, an iphone and an ipad. According to  your great summary, if I am reading (and understanding) it correctly, I am really only getting AV protection for the two windows machines.                                                                                                

Wow….just wow….

I have been using Kaspersky for about 5 years, but this experience may change that. I don’t know what recourse I have….

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Hello @far2busy

You’re most welcome🙂 !

A KTS 5 device license provides: 

• 2 Windows laptops - AV protection✅
  • 1 Android - AV protection✅
  • 1 iPhone - no AV❌
  • 1 iPad - no AV❌ 

Regarding recourse, I’ve never bought from eBay and from all the horror cases I’ve read, I never will, however, if they’re legitimately linked to Kaspersky, contact Kaspersky, tell them you were completely of the belief you were buying a license that would provide AV protection for all your devices…. 

Their advertising, for example, the small print, leaves a lot to be desired, this ad, makes it look as if KTS will “fit” all devices, it’s only if the tiny writing is read, that a clue may be given, even then it’s not transparent

&, what more important, the experience you’ve had, is unnecessary and avoidable.

If you have the inclination, please let us know the outcome & good luck. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 5 months later...

I agree with much of the complaints.

I looked at 5 Different packages and all of them claim to protect the iPad, iPhone, Mac, and Windows… Kaspersky advertisement claims to provide Internet Security for all of these devices too. I didn’t want to believe the negative claims, but now it’s looking like a bait and switch.
The total package is not Total at all… 
Not Cool. 

Thank you! That is great to know and I’m sorting thru it all, and if the same name, Total Security, was used as a prefix to identify the entitlements for each device, I wouldn’t have a complaint. Instead, I’m directed to accept something for free, then tempted to pay for the very thing I thought was already paid for… Security Cloud. Which by the way is awesome…

in the the console, I want to see all my devices, so even if it’s a free vpn, I still want to see the device is registered there.

The bottomline, I’ve been a customer since 2005 I think, and it’s only marketing. While I am giving the company the benefit of the doubt, I am trusting the company history with me in keeping my devices safe over using Mcafee (trusted but not the best) or Symantec (not trusted at all).

• 6 months later...

Another Antivirus  seems to get it…. “While there are no known, common viruses that can attack an iPad, other threats such as adware, malware and spyware exist. These typically find their way onto your iPad through fake ads, attachments from untrusted sources, phishing attempts, or other nefarious paths into your device. So while you have some control over these threats, you have to know what to look for.”